Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Leftover chicken Picatta here. Roy has his l/os also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making the Frittata with Andouille sausage. Never had Andouille sausage. Sides of has browns and bacon, with raspberry lemon tarts for dessert.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15?? by BarbaraS (I'm making the Fritt...)
Having the kids across the road is nice, but their pets have presented a problem. The female Lab rescue is staying with us for a while. She has issues about being left alone for more than a short while. So William's work boots now need replacing.

A trip into the city is planned for today to buy boots. So our big meal will be my belated late lunch/early birthday dinner out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Having the kids acro...)
Oh no Daphne! What will be munched while gone this time?

I am making a new recipe that I hope turns out. Chicken meatballs marsala. It's a Michael Symon recipe. Will serve over angel hair.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes...hael-symon
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15?? by Trixxee (Oh no Daphne! What ...)
Get ready for a new addiction, Barbara!! Love Andouille!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Barbara, could you let us know how the frittata turns out? We want to make it also.

Trixxee, same request. Those meatballs look delicious!

Today CA is making chicken fajita soup.
Those meatballs sound wonderful. Bookmarked.

Dinner tonight is Butter Chicken, coconut rice, and roasted cauliflower. Butter chicken has become one of our absolute favorites - Billie (my boss at Redwoods River last winter) is responsible for this addiction. Jeff absolutely loves it too - it was his first curry and he's ready for more.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15?? by Harborwitch (Those meatballs soun...)
Everything sounds so good today. I have bookmarked the chicken meatballs, pending Trixxee's review. Sharon, have you ever posted your butter chicken recipe here? I would love to try it.

Tonight we're going out with one of my childhood friends, Carol and her husband Tony. Tony was born in China and grew up in the U.S. We enjoyed celebrating Chinese New Year with them last year, but could not attend this year's festivities due to Ron's surgery. So, our alternative plan was to go here tonight:
http://www.akroncivic.com/site/page.php?...entid=1684

Starting with dinner here:
http://www.thehouseofhunan.com/fairlawn-dinner

Should be a fun evening.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15?? by Mare749 (Everything sounds so...)
Oh, what a fun night, Maryann - hope you'll tell us all about it and what you ordered.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 2/28/15?? by cjs (Oh, what a fun night...)
Being that it was -8° this morning and dropping back down to -5° again tonight, I seem to be craving the seafood noodle soup. But, that will all depend on what they put into it. I am hoping that it is similar to pho. Also thinking of trying the Tako Salad because I'm not sure if I have tried octopus. Can't wait to see what Tony orders. Last time he actually got us to try chicken feet!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."