O.T. The Book Thief
  Re: (...)
Watched this movie last night - wow, what a fantastic and sad movie this is.

Anyone else seen it?

The Book Thief
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: O.T. The Book Thief by cjs (Watched this movie l...)
Not familiar with this one. I'll have to check it out later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: O.T. The Book Thief by Gourmet_Mom (Not familiar with th...)
I taped it off HBO a couple weeks ago, if you have it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.T. The Book Thief by cjs (I taped it off HBO a...)
Sounds very sad. I'm still reeling from the last WWII movie I watched - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Horrid.
  Re: Re: O.T. The Book Thief by Trixxee (Sounds very sad. I'...)
Oh Trixxie but that was such a good movie, even though sad, it brought to light that senseless acts of violence know no boundaries. It was also written as children's book and was told from their perspective to allow young readers to experience the holocaust thus gaining a valuable lesson in tolerance that would impact them and make a difference.

The Book Thief is a wonderful tale of the perseverance of one young girl to make a difference in her life and how one should never stop caring for others.
  Re: Re: O.T. The Book Thief by DFen911 (Oh Trixxie but that ...)
When the mom realized that her son was in the gas chamber - it was just too much for my heart to take - that he was gone, his friend was gone, all those people gone. I had to pause it and then come back to it. Michael had to watch it for 9th grade English.

It was very well done. I really like Vera Farmiga - she was excellent in this.
  Re: Re: O.T. The Book Thief by Trixxee (When the mom realize...)
I read the book. Beautifully written, but I have no desire to see the movie. It was just too sad.