REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala
  Re: (...)
Made these last night and they were very good, however it made a lot! I must have made at least 40 smallish meatballs. I guess because ground chicken (used only chicken breast) is so lean they sure didn't shrink at all. Next time I will do one of two things - cut the meatball recipe in half but keep the sauce amount the same, or make the whole recipe but double the sauce. In that case you'll need to use two pans because of sheer volume. I also sauteed them in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan.

I followed Michael's Symon's instructions of making the meatballs on the small side and then pressing down on them a bit to get more of a browning surface and also to make sure they are cooked through as these will not be simmering in a sauce for a long time.

Recipe doesn't specify how much salt and pepper to use but I had to sprinkle some of both on my finished plate as I wasn't liberal enough with it when I made the meat mixture. Also garnished with quite a bit of italian parsley at the end.

I would consider this a heart healthy dish as the only fat for the most part is the olive oil you saute the meatballs in. I served over angel hair. If anyone makes it, I hope you like it.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes...hael-symon
  Re: REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala by Trixxee (Made these last nigh...)
Thanks for the review Theresa. I've got this down for dinner two weeks from today. I'll serve them over mashed potatoes though.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala by losblanos1 (Thanks for the revie...)
I just showed Hubby the recipe and he said he'd try it!! I'd do it over noodles. Thanks Trixxee!!

ETA: It was Trixxee's review, right? Anyway, I hesitate to add grated cheese to my own meaty meatball recipe, let alone this chicken meatball recipe. Should I or not? Your opinions, please.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala by BarbaraS (I just showed Hubby ...)
Not sure why you would hesitate... I'd add the parm.

Trixxee, small meatballs are a pain in the ............. you might try this tip.

Mix your ingredients and transfer to a work surface. spread out to the thickness you want and cut into squares the size you want. (meatballs don't know if they are round or not). Continue with pre-cooking them as you did before.

Hope this make sense to you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala by cjs (Not sure why you wou...)
Thanks Jean - sounds good.

I guess there is more fat than I thought forgot about the ricotta and parm! I'm not sure why you would leave out one of the main ingredients either, Barbara. The chicken needs the flavor from the parmesan.

Let me know what you guys think when/if you make them!
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala by Trixxee (Thanks Jean - sounds...)
I'm looking forward to trying this one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala by BarbaraS (I just showed Hubby ...)
Quote:

ETA: It was Trixxee's review, right?

Yup. AKA Theresa.
  Re: Re: REVIEW: Chicken Meatballs Marsala by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks for the review, Trixxee. I will be making this probably this week also and won't be leaving anything out. They sound great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."