Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight??

Change of plans for us - we were just going spend one night here in Las Cruces, until I read my old journal from another trip and realized how much we loved this area last time thru. So, we're staying 4 nights and do some sightseeing.

We unhooked and went out for dinner at a wonderful restaurant. While the food was excellent, the hit of the night was the Cab we had. Souverain, bottled in Napa, but no info of a winery proper. When we lived in Healdsburg (Sonoma County) there was a local winery named Souveriegn (sp?) - can't remember how it was spelled. so will have to look into these both. (o.k. more than anyone every really wanted to know..... )

Roy had a huge order of delicious St. Louis-style ribs with Asian apple pear BBQ Sauce, that we'll probably get 2 more meals out of!! And, we're finally in warm weather - sat out all afternoon.

Savoy de Mesilla
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I believe there is a Sovereign winery in Alexander Valley, CA. Have bought it many times over the years - usually pretty good. Sometimes Costco will sell their wines.

We are going to a beach park around 2:00 to celebrate my nephew's 12th birthday. My BIL is grilling burgers, I'm bringing potato salad and strawberries. Not sure what else there will be (definitely birthday cake).

Need to bring our EZ Up because it's going to be in the mid 80's even at the beach and there is no way I can spend 3-4 hours out in the sun. Way too early in the season for that.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by Trixxee (I believe there is a...)
It sounds like fun for both of you! The sun is out for today, at least, so we're going to ride north and hike the Tallulah Gorge. I'm really looking forward to a day without rain. This has been a looong winter in my part of the world, but Trixxee, it doesn't sound like you've seen winter at all!

Dinner will be Argentine steaks with roasted jalapeno chimichurri. It's one of John's favorites. I'll serve it with twice baked potatoes and green salad.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by karyn (It sounds like fun f...)
Vanilla Cider Pork with Pears for us today!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by BarbaraS (Vanilla Cider Pork w...)
CA is making the ham & asparagus carbonara from the new issue.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by losblanos1 (CA is making the ham...)
Geez, another one of those days - everything sounds wonderful!!

Well, now I'm really confused. I guess the correct spelling for Healdsburg's wineryis "Souverain" after all. I was sure the spelling was closer to what you posted, Trixxee, with a 'g' in it,but googling it, looks like the above spelling is right
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by cjs (Geez, another one of...)
I'm also confused Jean! Found this Souverain but this label does not look familiar to me at all.

http://www.souverain.com/wines/cabernet-sauvignon

Karyn - we had one cold snap around the first of the year and a few rain storms pass through but other than that it's been very mild.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by Trixxee (I'm also confused Je...)
Of course, we left Healdsburg in '83, so of course they have changed labels often since then I'm sure. I'm going to email some friends still there and ask if it is the same. I'm sure it is.

IF you see this wine (and label ) you might want to try it. It is excellent!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/7/15?? by cjs (Of course, we left H...)
I had trouble getting past the Hatch Dream Burger, but I did catch one of the Kobe Sliders featured Hatch chiles!

William was disappointed in his weight at the doctor's this week, so I offered to do Buffalo Chicken Salad tonight. He will probably not dress his salad much. I don't know why he can't be happy he's 30 pounds lighter than before his heart attack? Anyway, with the weather beginning to turn and longer days on the horizon, we should be able to get back to walking again soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.