Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Travel day - so I think I'll just do a simple pasta dish of some kind.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pastrami paninis but I can't decide if I should do the sour cream caper sauce from the new issue or use the Irish cheddar cheese w/scallions and roasted onions I picked up at TJ's yesterday. If the cheese sounds good to anyone, pick it up soon as they said they only carry it in March.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by Trixxee (Pastrami paninis but...)
Today it's saltimbocca chicken or tarragon cream chicken with some 'gus.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by losblanos1 (Today it's saltimboc...)
Freezer diving here.... We're having Mediterranean Beef Stew over noodles.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by karyn (Freezer diving here....)
I combined two recipes to braise a pork shoulder roast, using the method and the braising liquid for lamb shanks in Ruhlman's book, "How to Braise". I cooked it earlier so that I could let the liquid cool and remove all the fat before thickening it for gravy. Pretty darn tasty, if I do say so myself.

Leftovers will be used for Pork and Pappardelle and Moo Shu Pork, which Ron loves.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by Mare749 (I combined two recip...)
darn! Can't order it yet!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by cjs (Damn! Can't order it...)
I can post the recipe if you want it. It turned out really well, so I imagine with lamb shanks it would be even better!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by Mare749 (I can post the recip...)
When you get a minute, that would be great, Maryann. Hopefully it's something I can do in the trailer.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by cjs (When you get a minut...)
I like the sound of that cookbook, Maryann! I'll be checking that one out. I have fallen in love with braising! It fits well with my new lifestyle....prep and put it on early and let it go!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/11/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I like the sound of ...)
Welcome to retirement!!
www.achefsjourney.com