Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're meeting up with more old friends today, Chef Dave & Pam Nelson. Didn't see them last time thru AZ, so really looking forward! He's a rep now for an exoctic meat company... I can only imagine what we will be trying/testing today! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It sounds like you're in for a treat.

Today I hope to make Daphne's B'day dinner, It'll depend on what time we get home from CA's moms B'day get together.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by losblanos1 (It sounds like you'r...)
I used the turkey frame to make stock the other night, so making turkey tortilla soup.

Have a great time, Jean. Can't wait to hear what you have for dinner with the Nelsons.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Just doing raviolis with sausage and meatballs.

Jean, take pics!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by BarbaraS (Just doing raviolis ...)
Just saw this on my C2C forum....
Foie gras, Wagyu, (dry aged) duck on menu. Are we ever in for a treat - he is a fantastic chef!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by cjs (Just saw this on my ...)
Now I'm the one with green eyes! Can't wait to hear about this. Would like to see pics if you get around to it, but what I would really love is to hear about the preparations.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by Mare749 (Now I'm the one with...)
Oh, you know I'll be taking copious notes & pictures!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by Mare749 (Now I'm the one with...)
Wow Jean! Pics are a must.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by losblanos1 (Wow Jean! Pics are a...)
Can't wait for the report! I know it will be awesome!

We went to the city this afternoon. I got my shrimp, but I've decided to wait until tomorrow to make my dinner so I can do all the prep early in the day. It has been a gorgeous day, and tomorrow looks to be even better! Time to get the deck cushions back out!

There is enough salmon left for dinner. We had a big late lunch, so that will be perfect.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 3/15/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Can't wait for the r...)
It sounds wonderful, Jean. I'm looking forward to your pics and descriptions!

It's gorgeous here, too, so we're grilling. I'm giving Flank Steak Peperonata a try. The guys who posted the recipe loved it, so I'm interested to see what we think.

Daphne, BTW, I am so jealous that you are off permanently! Currently the forecast is gorgeous for the the next two days, while I'm at school, and then it turns cold and rainy again. I can't wait for summer!!