Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson*****
  Re: (...)
All I can say is, I wish I could go back and relive the entire evening - non-stop talk, wonderful food and of course, the wines weren't too shabby either!!

Our menu -
Hazelnut-Crusted Foie Gras with plum and sunflower honey

Seared dry-aged duck with sautéed veggies and drizzled with duck demi-glace/5 pepper jelly sauce

Elote - a corn topper for Mexican chips

Australian Wagyu smoked street taco with homemade tortillas

Lemon Crème topped with BlackBerry sauce

Here's more about the night and dinner with pictures.

https://cjdacook.wordpress.com/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by cjs (All I can say is, I ...)
It all looks AMAZING!!! I am so jealous! I don't know how you ate it all!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by Gourmet_Mom (It all looks AMAZING...)
I didn't, but you know who did.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by cjs (I didn't, but you kn...)
Now that is really impressive! What an evening you had! I enjoyed hearing every detail and the pictures are fantastic. They can't possibly entertain like that all the time, do they? There is no way I could have eaten all of that, but it sure looks good and it would be fun to try. Lucky you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by Mare749 (Now that is really i...)
Wow Jean, just Wow!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by BarbaraS (Wow Jean, just Wow!!...)
No, Dave & Pam don't eat like that to that extent often, but he does have to play with products to sell to restaurants.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by cjs (No, Dave & Pam don't...)
I'd be licking the plates, even though it's socially unacceptable.
Thank you for sharing your amazing meal.
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by cjs (No, Dave & Pam don't...)
Jean that just looks and sounds so d@mn good! I'd even try the fois. How fun. I'd love to hear about the wines.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by Harborwitch (Jean that just looks...)
We took an Oregon Pinot for the foie gras - worked great. We also brought along the 'new' wine we found in Louisiana because of who?(shoot can't remember right now) - Aphotic Red, a California blend that we're loving.

And, a bottle of Sara's (Harbinger) Raspberry Bliss which went so well with the Lemon Crème and B.berry sauce.

Dave, also opened a new one for us - Five Branches Pinot that was very good also.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner with Chef Dave & Pam Nelson***** by cjs (We took an Oregon Pi...)
Looks and sounds delicious!

I think it was Vicci who talked about the Apothic red wines.