Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today??

Picked up two beautiful rolls for chicken sandwiches today. Nice and easy. Have to get pizza dough made for the leftover sausage we brought home yesterday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
Today it's Chinese almond chicken with fried rice, easy and tasty!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by losblanos1 (Today it's Chinese a...)
Easy here, too...turkey burgers with apple-mint relish and grilled broccolini.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by karyn (Easy here, too...tur...)
Easy as well - bunless burger and asparagus for me, hot dogs for the kid. Tomorrow I'll get back to some real cooking when Tony returns.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by Trixxee (Easy as well - bunle...)
I am looking forward to making this tomorrow, but will use a scallion white cheddar I need to use up, and also cook the proscuitto in a separate pan so it gets crisper, also add more arugula to the top. Saw the actual show he made this on and it looked so darn good.

Reminded me of a dish Blane would make.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby...ipe.html#!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by Trixxee (I am looking forward...)
Grilled garlic shrimp with grilled ASPARAGUS (laugh) EASY as well. We had a notice that our power will be out from 8am to 6pm tomorrow (could not be worse timing---I leave on Thursday and I had a ton of recipes to make for Peter----soooo I did them today and will do today's schedule tomorrow). I will roast a turkey tomorrow night when the power resumes so that Peter has at least two/three days with something to eat. I will worry about his fluid intake--otherwise he will be okay with all of the goodies I made
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by Roxanne 21 (Grilled garlic shrim...)
Well the chickie sandwiches were very tasty with a drizzle of Balsamic reduction.
[Image: Mar%2024%20Chicken%20Sandwich%20w%20Bals...nn6xhd.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by Trixxee (I am looking forward...)
Quote:

I am looking forward to making this tomorrow, but will use a scallion white cheddar I need to use up, and also cook the proscuitto in a separate pan so it gets crisper, also add more arugula to the top. Saw the actual show he made this on and it looked so darn good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby...ipe.html#!

That does look good, Trixxee, but I think your idea of a stronger cheese is a good one. I also agree about crisping the proscuitto. I'd be tempted to do it on the grill, however, 'cus I'm lazy.

I'll be really interested to hear what you think! I've really enjoyed the Bobby Flay recipes I've done in the past.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
William asked for steak, so we are out on the deck for the first time in a very long time! NICE!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 3/24/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

That does look good, Trixxee, but I think your idea of a stronger cheese is a good one. I also agree about crisping the proscuitto. I'd be tempted to do it on the grill, however, 'cus I'm lazy.

I'll be really interested to hear what you think! I've really enjoyed the Bobby Flay recipes I've done in the past.

Will definitely report back Karyn (I am not a brie person so would have picked another cheese even if I didn't have this other one on hand). We could do the proscuitto on grill as well (good idea), I'd just probably put it on a piece of foil so it doesn't stick, it's so thin. (Tony will be doing any and all grilling).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the roasted halved lemons add to the quick dressing that goes on the arugula.

Real food! Can't wait! No more bagels for dinner. LOL.