Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Travel day for us - Using some of my marinara for pasta and sausage. Heading to Bakersfield for a one-niter, then on to our old stomping grounds, Weimar to see kids, friends and neighbors.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh I thought for sure you'd get down to Crystal Cove campground (Laguna Beach) this time but it was probably sold out anyway being spring break for many and they only have about 27 RV spots. My dad saw about 10 whales go by yesterday.

We are having the grilled chicken cordon bleu topped with arugula and a side of ASPARAGUS.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by Trixxee (Oh I thought for sur...)
That must be quite a site to see. We saw hundreds of dolphins migrating one time when we were in Myrtle Beach and that was fascinating, but have not seen a whale.

Ron is going to cook ribs today. He is hoping to use the grill if it stops raining. I will make some coleslaw and tator tots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by Mare749 (That must be quite a...)
Every once and a while we will spot an Orca whale here, in Puerto Vallarta, dolphins are a daily occurrence. It is fascinating and it never gets old to watch them.

Dinner today is an all time favorite from Cuisine, the bistro sandwich. Yum!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by losblanos1 (Every once and a whi...)
I love watching the sea animals. You're right Blane, never gets old. Tony and my sister are the designated "look outs" whenever we go to the beach. It's fun to see the seals in the waves so close to shore.

These gray whales are making their 12,000 mile migration journey back to Alaska from Baja.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by Trixxee (I love watching the ...)
John is out of town tonight, so I'm trying something he'd never eat...a butternut squash, black bean and quinoa chili. I'm really looking forward to it and plan on tasty leftovers for lunches. I'm hoping it freezes well!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by karyn (John is out of town ...)
I want the recipe, Karyn!! Sound delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by cjs (I want the recipe, K...)
Quote:

I want the recipe, Karyn!! Sound delicious.

It was delicious, Jean! Definitely a keeper. I did tweak it slightly however. I used Las Palmas red chili sauce instead of enchilada sauce because that's what I had. I also omitted the broth (it does't need it) and used pickled jalapenos instead of fresh. I also used a pressure cooker rather than a slow cooker because a 3-4 hour slow cooker dish just doesn't work for me. I cooked the stew under high pressure for 15 minutes then let it simmer, uncovered, for another 30 to thicken up. It was super easy and yummy. Here's the link: Mexican Quinoa
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks so much Karyn. Even the pix makes me hungry!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 3/25/15?? by cjs (Thanks so much Karyn...)
That does look good Karyn!