Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're meeting up with old neighbors and spend the night with them, so will be partying all night, I'm afraid.......And, so the week begins with old friends - hope we survive this
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Chicken parmesan, a small side of spaghetti with homemade marinara, and asparagus. Perhaps not the best dinner for record breaking heat since I have to put the oven on AND boil water but that's what we're having.

Thank goodness for AC.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by Trixxee (Chicken parmesan, a ...)
Tonight we're freezer diving for Chile Colorado. I'll use it in burrito bowls with corn salsa.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by karyn (Tonight we're freeze...)
I was going to make French toast, but now it's grilled chicken cordon bleu and ASPARAGUS thanks to Trixxee.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by losblanos1 (I was going to make ...)
We're going to rotisserie a chicken so I can use the l/os to make Blane's review dinner. Going to make salt-baked potatoes if I can find the recipe. I think that's what it was called. Haven't decided on a green yet but that will be whatever looks good at the produce market.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by losblanos1 (I was going to make ...)
Quote:

I was going to make French toast, but now it's grilled chicken cordon bleu and ASPARAGUS thanks to Trixxee.

LOL! We really liked the whole thing. I did modify a couple of things - marinated the chicken in EVOO and lemon juice for about an hour - sprinkled with S&P, and I used a different cheese (Tony had swiss, I had that roasted scallion white cheddar), and I cooked the proscuitto in a separate pan indoors to crisp it up - not the point of bacon but about halfway.

Next time I'd be tempted to add a little dijon to the grilled lemon/EVOO dressing for the arugula on top. I think dijon goes well with chicken, ham, cheese.

Hope you like it! Karyn, you were asking about this too.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks for the tips Trixxee, I'll have to make that version when I have all the right ingredients. I'm making a Cuisine recipe today.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by losblanos1 (Thanks for the tips ...)
Making quesadillas to use up the chicken from last Saturday's dinner.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

Hope you like it! Karyn, you were asking about this too.

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to trying it soon, but since I'll be out of town for a bit, it may have to wait until after Easter...
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 3/26/15?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I have been so uninspired with cooking lately. My back has been acting up. Every time I think I have it under control, it snaps again. Sciatic nerve outbreaks are hard to wait through. We had hot dogs last night and used up the chili from Monday. I did baked beans on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.