Favorites!!!
  Re: (...)
I'm kind of ashamed to admit that there are many recipes that I have yet to try. I've started ordering back issues, but my subscription started in August 2002. I thought I would share some of my favorites with you guys. I'd be interested to know which ones you like too!

From Issue 39, June 2003 The Barbeque Pulled Pork with the Root Beer BBQ Sauce. This has become our families 4th of July dinner tradition. Everyone loves it!

From Issue 40, August 2003 The Summer Stuffed Chicken Breast with Beurre Blanc Sauce! I love these tomato/feta stuffed chicks!

From Issue 54, December 2005 The Spinach-Blue Cheese Stuffed Tenderloin! I could eat this every week! Worth the effort.

From Issue 55, Feb. 2006 The Pork Chops Osso Buco, the Potstickers with Mandarin Pork Filling, and the Mediterranean Chops!

I still have lots of recipes to try, but so far, these are recipes that I continue to go back to. I'm going to fix the meatballs from issue 35 tonight. I've read that they are tasty!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Favorites!!! by Bizymomma (I'm kind of ashamed ...)
I'm ashamed I haven't made more too...especially after going through them to look for what I have done and I had to skip several whole issues! I should promise myself to make at least one thing from each issue...how hard can that be?

Ok...here's a list of some of our favorites.

Issue 55: Mediterranean Chops with Parmesan Orzo. I can't believe how much we liked this! I'm actually craving more...

Issue 51: Ginger Marinated Tuna w/wasabi butter. I used Mahi-Mahi because the tuna was too expensive. It was really good but the tuna would've been better!

Issue 47: Chicken Cordon Bleu (My husband makes this one, and it's one of my very favorites things!)

Rissole Potatoes....Yum!

Issue 46: Tres Leches Cake...well, you already know how I feel about this cake!

Issue 37: Basic white bread...one of my first bread baking experiences, and it was yummy!

Issue 35: Meatballs...another of my husband's specialties (Did you notice that I get him to do all the "messy" recipes! Pounding chicken, forming meatballs...)

Issue 33: The Best Baked Potatoes

Issue 31: Three Mushroom Ragu w/Pappardelle...my first pasta making experience, and it was sooo worth the effort!

I'll post more if I come across any...
Tammy
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by TwilightKitten (I'm ashamed I haven'...)
TK,....so you have a pasta roller? I don't have one, but have kind of always shyed away from making pasta. Is it pretty easy?
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by Bizymomma (TK,....so you have a...)
Yes, I have 2 now. The first one I bought was cheap and got little metal scrapings on the edges of my pasta! Yuck! I use it for clay projects now... I got the second one from a more reputable source ( I think the baker's catalogue), and it works great.

And the homemade pasta thing is so much easier than it sounds. It's even fun, really...especially when it comes out like it's supposed to! I'll tell you...I owned my pasta machine for at least a year before I got the courage to try it!

That's one of the things I love best about this magazine...they really give me the courage to try things I was intimidated by...like lobster!!!!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by TwilightKitten (Yes, I have 2 now. ...)
TK....when I typed "pasta roller" into my search engine, I rec'd lots of results for the Kitchen Aid mixer pasta roller attachment...around $100. I hate to spend that much on something I might not use to often. I do have the Kitchen aid mixer. Do you remember how much you paid for yours? When I went to the Bakers Catalogue website, the only one they showed was for $29.95.
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by Bizymomma (TK....when I typed "...)
I don't remember how much I paid for it. I was thinking it was more than 29.95, but maybe it was. Mine is an Atlas, but I didn't see what brand the one in the catalogue was.

I know what you mean about not wanting to spend $100 for the KA attachment! Yikes! I guess if you were a pasta fiend and made it all the time it would be worth it. Too bad you can't rent one to try it out!
Tammy
  Re: Favorites!!! by Bizymomma (I'm kind of ashamed ...)
These are our favorites.

Issue 13 June 99 Ginger Beef/chicken stir fry

Issue 27 June 01 Caprese Gratin
Summer Squash Gratin

Issue 34 Aug 02 BBQ Ribs with Mustard BBQ Sauce from Issue 3 May 97

Issue 35 Oct 02 Basic Meatballs/Meatball subs
Also Coconut Shrimp - I have not made but my mom has and they are delicous!

Issue 38 April 03 Tarragon-Cream Chicken
Chicken and Artichokes

Issue 40 Aug 03 Indian Stuffed chicken breast w/curry Beurre Blanc - I usally split this recipe and freeze half of the breasts (It usually makes 6 for me)with marinade to grill another time. Works great - make fresh sauce
Issue 40 Raspberry icecream!

Issue 45 June 04 Island Pork dinner, caribbean black beans, mango salsa and lime pickled onions.

Issue 49 Feb 05 - Weiner Schnitzel - make at least once a month. A real favorite.

Issue 52 - Blackberry cobbler - I use macadamia nuts inseat of pecans. YUM!

I love this magazine - and so does my husband! Our all time favorites are the Schnitzel and the Indian Stuffed chicken breasts!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by esgunn (These are our favori...)

"Issue 49 Feb 05 - Weiner Schnitzel - make at least once a month. A real favorite."
Do you make the sweet and sour cabbage with it?
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by Bizymomma ( [br]"Issue 49 Feb 0...)
Quote:

Do you make the sweet and sour cabbage with it?

No, Not a real cabbage fan. We just serve with a fresh green vegetable. Usually Broccoli. The sauce from the schnitzel is good with the vegi.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Favorites!!! by esgunn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I hope it's ok that I post my favorites without the issue number (they're downstairs and I'm not). If you really need to know, just ask I'll go find the particular one.
Here are our favorites:
Carmelized Chicken breasts (Vietnamese) with the cuke and red onion salad with peanuts dressing
Ginger Tuna w/Wasabi (try Wal-Mart for Tuna steaks at a reasonable price)
Shrimp over Angel Hair Pasta w/Feta cheese and the spinach and radish salad
Shrimp Pepperonata
Sausage and Mussels with greens (we use spinach)on the BBQ
These are the ones that spring quickly to mind, I need to try more.
Cis