Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops
  Re: (...)
from a blog: Plain Chicken food blog - http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/09/bour....html#more

We loved this! And, Daphne, no sweetness - but, because it was pretty sour/sharp I did add 2 tsps. brown sugar.
I marinated 4 hours.

[Image: Apr%201%20Bourbon%20Basted%20Pork%20Chop...qfefgw.jpg]
Bourbon Basted Pork Chops

3 Tbs lemon juice
6 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbs bourbon
1 Tbs minced onion
1/4 tsp hot sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
4 (1-inch thick) pork chops

1. In a small saucepan combine all ingredients except pork chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Reserve half of sauce.

2. Pour half of the sauce over the pork chops and marinate 30 minutes to overnight. Grill 6 minutes on first side, flip and grill 5 more minutes, basting often with reserved sauce. Serve with reserved sauce, if desired.

[Image: Apr%201%20Bourbon%20Pork%20chops%20w%20r...niltwg.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by cjs (from a blog: Plain ...)
Looks so great. Wish I could find chops that aren't tough as nails. This is the blog where the original chile colorado burritos came from.

I want to try her "homemade" chicken rice a roni one day.
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by Trixxee (Looks so great. Wis...)
Do you brine them?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by cjs (Do you brine them?...)
I did once, noticed no difference, can't be bothered now, I just don't buy them.

How's that in a nutshell? LOL.
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by Trixxee (I did once, noticed ...)
Jean, I'm going to have to try this. I think I have everything to make it except the pork chops. What I do have is some small tenderloin medallions. Should work the same? I'll have to wait until next weekend, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'm going to h...)
I am completely hooked on brining! We love it and it's a method that I find so easy to do. I even bought a couple of big plastic containers with lids to do it. That makes it so easy because they are large enough to hold a 5 lb. chicken with 8 cups of brine to cover. It only takes a few minutes to mix it up and it's good to go.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by Mare749 (I am completely hook...)
You and me both, Maryann!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by cjs (You and me both, Mar...)
Those look really delicious! I like Daphne's idea of using pork tenderloin.
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by losblanos1 (Those look really de...)
I like Daphne's idea too! At least it's guaranteed to turn out tender without any extra steps. I'm trying to cut down my time in the kitchen, not add to it.

As a matter of fact, I'm adding a tenderloin to my grocery list. And bourbon.
  Re: Re: Review: Bourbon Basted Pork Chops by Trixxee (I like Daphne's idea...)
Okay, my tenderloin medallions were poorly butchered...don't ask, but know a hard headed husband was involved. So my dinner was not picture worthy. BUT....I can report on the flavor. And was there ever flavor! This was awesome!!!! Jean, thank you, thank you, thank you! This is up there with my Korean Beef recipe, but for pork! This dish will be repeated often!

To be sure my review includes all the details that may have been mentioned previously, but to have them all in one post:

-I used pork tenderloin medallions.
-I did not have Worchestershire, so I subbed with more soy sauce and a small squirt of anchovy paste.
-Initial cooking time was 3 minutes per side, but 4 was better. They were about 3/4 inch thick.
-They were in the marinade for 24 hours.

Final note: If using tenderloin and marinating this long....brining is not necessary!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.