Forum interaction
  Re: (...)
twilightkitten---I am beginning to think that this forum was set up for the two of us---WHAT DO YA THINK??? I'm priviledged--you're a great buddy!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Forum interaction by Roxanne 21 (twilightkitten---I a...)
Quote:

twilightkitten---I am beginning to think that this forum was set up for the two of us---WHAT DO YA THINK??? I'm priviledged--you're a great buddy!!!!

Awwww, shucks...thanks... but don't forget Bizymomma and Piano226.

Wasn't it lovely for CAH to set us up with our own forum? I'm honored ...

Really though...new people sign up for this forum everyday, but not too many post. I wish they would! C'mon...who doesn't love to talk about food!?
Tammy
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sorry guys.....for the most part, I'm a stay-at-home mom, but lately, I've been substituting at the school!
I love this forum, and will probably always be a member!
By the way, I did fix the meatballs. They were tasty, BUT, there was no sauce left in my pan after they were done cooking. The tomatoe sauce was okay, but I would have rather had them soaking in a jar of Paul Newmans Marniara! They were very tender!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by Bizymomma (Sorry guys.....for t...)
Quote:

Sorry guys.....for the most part, I'm a stay-at-home mom, but lately, I've been substituting at the school!
I love this forum, and will probably always be a member!
By the way, I did fix the meatballs. They were tasty, BUT, there was no sauce left in my pan after they were done cooking. The tomatoe sauce was okay, but I would have rather had them soaking in a jar of Paul Newmans Marniara! They were very tender!

Tee, hee, no need to explain...your name says it all, BIZYmomma!

I'm glad you are planning on sticking around...I think I will too!

And the meatballs...I think I forgot to mention that they are too spicy for my family as the recipe is written so I use about half the red pepper flakes and everybody's happy. I personally like the spice, but hey. Oh, and I love how tender they are! I think I'd only ever had rubbery balls of meat before that...which was why I was not a huge meatball fan.

The sauce...I think I made it once, but now I just use Barilla. It's easier...besides then I'd have to make it while hubby makes the meatballs. I'd rather pour a jar of sauce (or three) into a pot and go relax! Maybe I'll try the sauce again, but I'll double it...it stinks to run out! Geez, what a long post....do I ever shut up?
Tammy
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
About those meatballs...next time I will add more beef broth to insure that I have more than just a teaspoon of grease left! The fresh sauce was okay, but next time, I will definitely use my favorite pasta sauce!
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by Bizymomma (About those meatball...)
Okay---time for my two cents!! I never really cared for meatballs either---until I made these. I agree--more broth on the bottom of the baking sheet is a must for addition to the homemade sauce. I also add fresh basil---a must IMHO. This is a big hit here--and those subs are awesome!!! Hmmm---see something coming up for next week Have a great week-end all!!!
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by Roxanne 21 (Okay---time for my t...)
Ooooh, fresh basil...why didn't I think of that???

I have to admit, I've never made those subs on the back...but have always wanted to. They look so good with all that melted cheese flowing out of the bun...mmmmm....ok, I'm really hungry all of a sudden!

Oh, and another tip from the Kitchen Aid forum...someone suggested mixing meatloaf with the paddle attachment. That should work for the meatballs too, no? Why didn't I think of that either???? Geez...
Tammy
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by TwilightKitten (Ooooh, fresh basil.....)
I'm substituting in the computer lab at the elementary school, so I can't pull out my C@H, but there was a reason is said to toss meat mixture with a fork....can't remember! Using the Kitchen Aide would be easier and less messy.
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by Bizymomma (I'm substituting in ...)
DON"T use the mixer---makes it too compact and the meatballs do not come out as juicy and tender---forks are a must!!! Overmixing makes them rubbery---that's what we are trying to avoid. Cheers!!
  Re: Re: Forum interaction by Roxanne 21 (DON"T use the mixer-...)
lol...ok, ok, I won't do it! I HATE rubbery meatballs! So, it's a lousy idea...THAT must be why I didn't think of it! Right?
Tammy