Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Pizza again - want to use up the other 'ball' of dough. Pesto, mushroom and Prosciutto. I'm making a small one tho and then use part for focaccia with soup for later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We woke up to snow this morning. So, I decided that more comfort food is in order. Pot roast with vegetables for dinner tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by Mare749 (We woke up to snow t...)
SNOW!!! Good Lord, will it ever stop for you all back there??? I'm sure glad we're not still waiting, waiting in Louisiana for good weather!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by cjs (SNOW!!! Good Lord, w...)
On old stand by for grilled chicken tacos. I usually replace the grilled zucchini with grilled onions. The chipotle cream and cilantro slaw all worked nicely together. We prefer grilled flour tortillas over the corn. Now if the corn tortillas were fried...........Smile

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...le-cream-235158
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by cjs (SNOW!!! Good Lord, w...)
Quote:

SNOW!!! Good Lord, will it ever stop for you all back there??? I'm sure glad we're not still waiting, waiting in Louisiana for good weather!!!!

Jean, we had gorgeous weather last week and all the spring flowers popped up. I was actually walking around in flip-flops. Then, this last bit of winter came through. Some years back, we had a major snow storm this very week. Schools were closed, flights were cancelled.
Maryann

Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
No snow here, but the rain is back.

Breakfast for dinner today, baked blueberry French toast w/ sausage.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by losblanos1 (No snow here, but th...)
C'mon Blane!! We're almost there!!

Well today's pizza turned out. Thank heavens, maybe I have my mojo back. The last few I've made I haven't been the least impressed with - I was afraid I'd lost my touch. But, it's o.k. Helps that I'm going back to my old crust recipes and not messing with new ones.
[Image: 2015-04-23%2001.22.06_zpssctot9ix.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by cjs (C'mon Blane!! We're ...)
We had Chipotle Chicken with Avocado Crema and grilled veggies. Yum!!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by karyn (We had Chipotle Chic...)
We had steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 4/23/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We had steak night! ...)
Jean, that pizza looks great. What do you mean when you refer to using old recipes? Do you mean the one you used before writing "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!"?

Karyn, I'm so impressed that you make so many good sounding recipes after teaching school all day!
Maryann