Recipes for Grilled Lamb Chops?
  Re: (...)
Jean mentioned a few weeks ago making grilled lamb chops and they've been on my mind since. I have only made them a few times and it's been years since the last time.

Anyway, any good recipes to share? The last time I made them it was a C @ H recipe and I'm positive it had coconut milk and curry as a sauce on the side.

I'm picturing asparagus and a couscous side with these.
  Re: Recipes for Grilled Lamb Chops? by Trixxee (Jean mentioned a few...)
There's always the basic, Greek style, usually done with roasts: olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and marjoram (or oregano).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Recipes for Grilled Lamb Chops? by labradors (There's always the b...)
Well, here's an idea from Plain Jane - I love them with no sauce whatsoever, just season liberally with Chef's seasoning (Kosher salt, white pepper & granulated garlic - 2/1/1). And grilled. Just perfect. And, of course, a swish of a Rosemary branch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipes for Grilled Lamb Chops? by cjs (Well, here's an idea...)
Oh, I love lamb chops! Have to agree with Jean on this one. Simple is best.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipes for Grilled Lamb Chops? by Mare749 (Oh, I love lamb chop...)
Grill Lamb Chops -
Ingredients:

8 Lamb Loin Chops
2 tsp Kosher Salt (About ½ Tsp Per Two Chops)
Spice Rub
4 tsp Whole Coriander Seed
2 tsp Whole Peppercorns
A Pinch Of Red Pepper Flakes
A Pinch Of Sugar (I Used Turbinado Sugar, but regular, granulated sugar is fine)

Directions:
1. Dry brine the chops: 2 hours before cooking, trim any excess fat from the lamb, then sprinkle evenly with the salt. Grind all the spice rub ingredients until they are coarsely ground. Sprinkle the rub over the lamb chops, and press it into the chops to help it stick. Let the lamb rest at room temperature until it is time to cook.

*You can season the chops up to 24 hours ahead of time. If you do, refrigerate them, then remove them from the refrigerator two hours before cooking. The two hours at room temperature gives them enough time to take the chill off before grilling.

**You can season as little as one hour before cooking and still get the dry brine effect from the early salting. If you can't season one hour before cooking, do it just before putting the chops on the grill.

Rested 2 hours

2. Prepare the grill: Prepare your grill for cooking on medium-high heat. For my Weber kettle, I light a chimney starter* three-quarters full of charcoal, wait for it to be covered with ash, then pour it in a thick single layer of coals on the charcoal grate. (The coals should cover about half of the kettle's charcoal grate). Then I put the grill grate in, and cover for five minutes to heat it up, and clean it with my grill brush. Finally, just before putting the meat on the grill, I brush the grates with a folded paper towel dipped in oil.

3. Grill the chops: Put the lamb chops on the hot part of the grill, directly over the lit coals, and cook for 5-6 minutes (or until well browned). Flip the chops, and cook for another 5-6 minutes, until well browned. The chops should have an internal temperature in the thickest part of the meat of 120*F for medium-rare. (115*F for rare, 130*F for medium). If they need more cooking time, move them to the indirect side of the grill, where there aren't any coals, and cook, covered, until you get the internal temperature you are looking for. Remove from the grill, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Serve with Tazatziki Sauce -

Ingredients:
¼ English Cucumber, peeled and diced
½ tsp Kosher Salt
1 cup Greek Yogurt (I Like Fage Brand Greek Yogurt)
½ Shallot, minced (about 1 tbsp, or add another minced garlic clove)
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp Minced Fresh Oregano
1 tsp Minced Fresh Mint
Juice Of 1 Lemon
Salt And Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste

Directions:
1. Salt the cucumber: Toss the diced cucumber with the ½ tsp kosher salt, and let sit in a strainer to drain. (Let it drain for 15 minutes, if you have the time).

2. Make the sauce: Put all the ingredients except for the salt and pepper in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Taste for seasoning; it should be tart and highly seasoned. Add salt, pepper, herbs, or more lemon juice if you think it needs it.

This is a great sauce for grilled Lamb.

Notes: Tzatziki sauce is THE Greek condiment. When you get a gryo, the white sauce served on the side is trying to be tzatziki sauce. It is usually a pale imitation of the real thing. Here is Michael Symon's version, made with thick greek yogurt and a large hit of lemon juice to give it a tart backbone.Variations: *Herbs: Mint and dill are the traditional herbs in tzatziki sauce. I used oregano because I had it on hand. I can find mint overpowering, so go easy on the mint if you use it.
  Re: Re: Recipes for Grilled Lamb Chops? by DFen911 (Grill Lamb Chops -[b...)
Thanks! Picked some up without actually going to Costco and I was surprised at the price. I didn't think $7.99/lb was bad, at all.