Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

These are our leftovers - we each ate two skewers, so have 4 to play with - and were they ever good!!

"Carne a la Parrilla: two skewers of grilled beef marinated in Argentinian style and drizzled with our special Chimcurri sauce and two skewers of leg of lamb marinated with fresh rosemary, garlic, and olive oil, then grilled and drizzled with Rioja sauce. Served on Saffron rice."

Not sure what I'll do with them yet. Today starts my self-imposed 'house arrest' - have to have these darn spots removed again from my face.... and I'll look like a speckled hen for a while. I might as well do some cooking.............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leftovers here as well (love Monday night leftovers!). Those Pioneer Woman ground beef enchiladas were very good.

And I have my lunch planned too (starting today I am making a concerted effort to lose 15 pounds and to stop throwing away so much food/produce). Broiled wild coho salmon and leftover orzo with everything salad. Of course the weight loss effort means less wine!

I'd also like to stick with my recent walking habits - at least 20 miles per week, 25 would be better. It's not helping me lose any weight but these 52 year old legs don't look too bad right now.

There - I said all of that out loud and will feel like a fool if I don't follow through.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by Trixxee (Leftovers here as we...)
I've been doing pretty good on the not wasting food part; healthy food, not so much.
Today I'm making Chinese Almond chicken w/ gravy and fried rice.

Edit:
Our dinner guest couldn't make it, so I'm sliding the chicken to Wednesday. I'm now making what I call a Chipotle fish taco burger w/ onion rings.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by losblanos1 (I've been doing pret...)
Good luck with your regime, TRixxee - and you know you'll have support from around here. Good times and fall-off-the-wagon times!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by losblanos1 (I've been doing pret...)
I always wish that I hadn't told anyone that I was trying to eat healthier because the minute I do, it all goes out the window.

As for wasting food, we're getting better about using up what we have. I keep less in the fridge these days and shop more often, so do have to resist the impulse buying. We eat a lot of soup, so it's easy to use up vegetables. The other day we had fruit that wasn't being eaten fast enough, so I made us smoothies for breakfast.

That said, I pulled a package of pot roast with gravy from the freezer. We'll have hot beef sandwiches and some roasted veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by Mare749 (I always wish that I...)
I'm pretty good because I love working with leftovers, but I do get caught every once in a while!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by cjs (I'm pretty good beca...)
We're having tonight what Trixxee had last night.

I made them yesterday - halved the recipe and it made 8 enchiladas. I have a feeling we're going to be having leftovers for a while.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by BarbaraS (We're having tonight...)
Thank you!

Barbara - it does make a lot. I think we made 12 enchiladas and I still had enough of the meat to freeze for tacos another night (or two)!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by Trixxee (Thank you![br][br]Ba...)
Trixxee,

Did you cover with foil or did you bake uncovered? It doesn't say in the recipe.

ETA: When I halved the recipe to 8 6" tortillas, it also fit beautifully in a 13" x 9" pan.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 4/27/15?? by BarbaraS (Trixxee,[br][br]Did ...)
Im getting better about using up leftovers, too!

Don't be hating Maryann! But this is for you!

William and I went to Loco Jo's for lunch today. We had business at our main bank branch in Southport today.

William got the Pork Fried Rice. It's a mountain of food!

[Image: image_8.jpg]

And I got the Shrimp Fried Rice. YUM!

[Image: image_9.jpg]

After milkshakes late this afternoon on the way home, we decided we'd better just call that dinner!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Loco-Jos-...1792706965

http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/331/res...otos/46830
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.