Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

No idea here!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Class all day for me so it'll be something simple. Most likely something I can pop on the grill and sit and relax
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by DFen911 (Class all day for me...)
Going italian today. Making minestrone soup but will add some rotissiere chicken I pulled from the freezer and also a dollop of pesto rosso also pulled from the freezer.

For lunch I have some odds and ends to use up so am making a frittata with italian sausage, mushrooms, red potatoes, spinach and I have a couple of ounces of fontina. Will get several lunches out of it and a breakfast for Tony to bring to work in the morning as a bit of a treat.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by Trixxee (Going italian today....)
Frittatas are wonderful (as is PIZZA!! ) for leftovers!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by cjs (Frittatas are wonder...)
For sure! I'm trying to use up ingredients that are already on the premises - LOL. I cannot fit one more thing into my freezer or pantry but yet I keep buying more groceries. I wonder if it's a type of sickness?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by Trixxee (For sure! I'm tryin...)
I was diagnosed with the same sickness!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by cjs (I was diagnosed with...)
Definitely a sickness that I think we all share!

It's supposed to be a pretty day, so I want to grill. I also want to enjoy an afternoon on the deck. So I'm going to whip up my sides early. So I'm off to get my groceries for three bean salad and potato salad and we'll throw a chicken on the grill late this afternoon with my Beer Can Chicken seasoning on it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Definitely a sicknes...)
We are putting chicken thighs on the grill tonight for jerk chicken. Rice and peas on the side. Sliced mango for dessert.

ETA: Change of plans. Ron is bringing home gyros for dinner. Chicken will have to wait until tomorrow night.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by Mare749 (We are putting chick...)
Gyros are one of my favorites. Enjoy them, Maryann!

We're having chicken tortilla soup. It's been doing its thing in the crockpot today, so its and easy dinner tonight.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner 4/28/15?? by karyn (Gyros are one of my ...)
We changed plans, also, Maryann!

It was so cool this morning, I thought it was going to be too cool for my plans. When I started sounding out ideas to William, he up and said he'd really like to grill burgers. So I made a simple pasta salad with tomatoes, green onion, and feta. It's chilling and burgers are about to go on the grill.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.