T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15??
  Re: (...)
Hooooie - it's May already and summer is close at hand - I'll be everyone will be glad of this!

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm packaging up everything I cooked yesterday, so will keep something out to have. Moving to Port Angeles RV park today to stay until house closes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by cjs (Hooooie - it's May a...)
So excited for you, Jean! It's cold and rainy here, so I'm making my Mom's Pot Roast.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by Lorraine (So excited for you, ...)
Lorraine, is that the Guiness recipe I have for pot roast?

Depending on the weather, we'll be having steak night or Creamy Bacon Carbonara. Either way, it will be YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Lorraine, is that th...)
I'm about over summer - it's been in the 90's now for 5 days. Ridiculous for April. Hope this is not a sign to come and May Gray and June Gloom will be upon us soon.

We are going out for sushi but I'm sticking more to sashimi, baked mussels and salad. Trying to stay away from rice.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by Trixxee (I'm about over summe...)
90's

Perfect weather here, blue sky and sunshine. I did steak night yesterday, so today it's burgers and tots.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Lorraine, is that th...)
Quote:

is that the Guiness recipe I have for pot roast

No, Daphne, this is one my Mom made back in the 60's. It's on Page 54 in Share A Recipe. I have changed the recipe over the years. I use beef stock instead of water, real mushrooms, tomato paste instead of ketchup, and today added a bit of chipotle peppers. So, I have basically altered the whole recipe, but it still reminds me of my Mom.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by losblanos1 (90's [img]/ubbthrea...)
90 is too hot for me. We get bouts of it in July and August and with all the humidity from the lake, it's almost hard to breath. Not a fan! And Ron wants to live part of the year in Florida when he retires! I'll be living in air-conditioning all the time.

Today was a marathon cleaning day for me, upstairs and down. Feeling a bit lazy now, so we're thinking Chinese take-out for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by Mare749 (90 is too hot for me...)
Thanks, Lorraine! I'm pretty sure that is the recipe I have in old MC files and changes are ones I would automatically make. I appreciate you clarifying for me.

LOL, Maryann! A few days of the 90's and you are worried about the heat? Although, I hope Labs and Karyn will confirm, over the Mason-Dixon Line, while the warmer weather is longer, it rarely gets higher. And I am thankful of my typical, mild winters. Having a winter tropical haven would be IDEAL!

My suggestion, sell the house and keep the rental for the three months of summer you can't tolerate! Problem solved!

Now to get St. Joseph and sell some property (or at least dirt from some property to a highway project that's coming soon'?)! And I can get my camper and do my West Coast tour!!!!!!

Afterwards, I'll send St. Joseph to you!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Lorraine! I...)
Sounds like very good plans all around!!

Lorraine, thanks for the new notes, I'll add them to the book. I haven't done that one in years!

We had our Septic inspection yesterday afternoon, so stopped in the old hangout 'down the hill' - except it's no longer down the hill - and had a salad and split a French Dip. So far, I'm remembering to have my dressing on the side and just dip my fork! Good on me.

Septic passed! Monday is the house inspection and then all should be done by the end of the week. (a week early)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/1/15?? by cjs (Sounds like very goo...)
How exciting! So will you be able to close and start the remodeling a week early?
Daphne