OT: My mom's arm
  Re: (...)
A week and a half ago, my mom woke up screaming in pain at two in the morning. Don't know how, but her dominant arm had been broken and the shoulder dislocated - perhaps from a seizure, although she has no history of such.

The ER doctor didn't even bother to take X-rays, but sent her home with instructions for treating "muscle strain." It wasn't until two days later, when her primary physician ordered X-rays, that we discovered the break and dislocation.

A brain MRI showed no signs of a stroke nor of tumors, so that's good.

At first, the orthopaedic surgeon thought that he might replace her shoulder, but when he opened it up for the operation, Thursday, it was actually good enough that he was able to repair it, instead.

I brought her back home yesterday and she still has quite a bit of pain, but at least it can start healing, now.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT: My mom's arm by labradors (A week and a half ag...)
Good Lord, Labs!!! That is truly scary - but, thank that same Lord you were with her!! Is she in a cast?

P.S. you posted ~10 minutes ago?? Wow, you're up early....or are you just coming in from Friday night, Mister????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by cjs (Good Lord, Labs!!! T...)
Labs what a scary thing to go thru! What a wonderful thing that she has you with her or I shudder to think how much more suffering she would have gone thru

And Jean I show you both posting 1 hour into my future at 7:12 am and it's only 6:12.
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by DFen911 (Labs what a scary th...)
Sling, not cast. Doing okay.

I posted around 6AM. Had already been up half an hour. That's about my usual timing.

Denise, if your time on the forum is off, it the time zone may not be set correctly in your forum settings.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by labradors (Sling, not cast. Doi...)
My time is correct - my clock and forum both said 5:12 - I think!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by cjs (My time is correct -...)
Labs, I hope your mom heals quickly and without complications. Did the doctor have any idea how it happened?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by Mare749 (Labs, I hope your mo...)
That really is scary, I hope for a quick recovery as well.
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by losblanos1 (That really is scary...)
My thoughts are with both of you, what a horrible thing to have to go through. I can't believe that the ER doc didn't order xrays there and then... Your Mom is lucky to have you around!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by foodfiend (My thoughts are with...)
What a horrible experience. I'm so glad she's home and healing. I hope her recovery is smooth and quick!
  Re: Re: OT: My mom's arm by karyn (What a horrible expe...)
That is so strange! And scary, I'm sure. Glad you were there. Prayers for a speedy recovery time!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.