Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have so much food cooked ahead of time, that I'm tempted to get into it, but I'll try and hold it till the moving starts. My fingers are tingling to grill, so may drag it out one last time.

Stopped in at Sears last week and picked out my next grill - it's a dandy!! I'm so temped to stick my nose to Sear's window and instead of saying, "Open, Open, Open!" - saying "Buy, Buy, Buy!!"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, that's really fun! Can you post a pic or a link or something so we can see it? Are you furniture shopping as well?

We're going to have taco salad tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by Mare749 (Jean, that's really ...)
Today I'm making an old B'day revue dinner that Maryann had picked, grilled pork skewers with peach melba sauce.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by losblanos1 (Today I'm making an ...)
Maybe something to go? Derby Day and I don't feel like cooking.

Go AMERICAN PHAROAH, DORTMUND, MATERIALITY, FIRING LINE.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by Trixxee (Maybe something to g...)
Potato Crust Quiche with a side of bacon for us.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by BarbaraS (Potato Crust Quiche ...)
We had a funeral yesterday in Raleigh. The gentleman my OS acted as friend and caregiver the past five or six years died of pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago.

While we were so close, we went over to Duke to let the Plastic surgery resident look at William's arm. There was some redness that we were afraid was spreading. He sent pictures to the surgeon and took a white blood cell count and it was determined everything was fine. WHEW!!

Anyway, that all means we had fast food on the road yesterday. Didn't get home until after eight. LONG DAY! I'm tired of these three hour drives one way week after week! William has always done all the driving since I was 17! MERCY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We had a funeral yes...)
Hang in there, Daphne!! You'll get thru this and you know how much William appreciates and loves your caring for him...even if he doesn't want to be in the position he's in.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by cjs (Hang in there, Daphn...)
Thanks, Jean. It's going to be a LONG summer! After just having the Cobra rebuilt, his favorite thing was to take it out and look for somebody to challenge...or just drive. This loss of ANY driving is bad enough, but cap it off with loosing that? He will go stir crazy quickly. Wish me luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/2/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean. It's ...)
You've got it!
www.achefsjourney.com