Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I got my new grill yesterday and it's a beauty, so I'm going to grill something on our deck while we take in all the beauty of the scenery at the new house.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How fun, Jean!!!

So, I'm going to make the Roman-Style Chicken tonight, and I'm serving a big salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (How fun, Jean!!![br]...)
Wow, that was fast! Have a wonderful evening, Jean.

Last night I made the Chile Colorado Burritos recipe to have for dinner tonight. Mexican rice to go with and a small salad with fresh made pico de gallo.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by Mare749 (Wow, that was fast! ...)
We just had 'breakfast' and my word, it was delicious!! I made up some pkgs. of an old recipe from MasterCook (Pork Producers Council) and used it to stuff bell peppers. Mixed with rice, some cheddar and I can't remember if I added anything else, but don't think so. The flavors are wonderful.
[Image: May%207%20Thai%20Pork%20Stuffed%20Pepper...tzryic.jpg]

Thai Pork Burritos*****

These are great burritos - made Feb. 1, 2014

1 lb lean ground pork
2 Tbs grated fresh ginger root
1 garlic clove -- peeled and crushed
2 cups cole slaw mix with carrots
1 tsp sesame oil
3 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs lime juice
1 Tbs honey
2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
4 large (10-inch) flour tortillas -- warmed
Fresh cilantro -- chopped (garnish)

1. Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork, cook, crumble and stir until pork is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, onion and cole slaw mix and stir-fry with pork for 2 minutes, until vegetables are wilted.

2. Combine all remaining ingredients except tortillas and cilantro in small bowl and add to skillet. Stir constantly to blend all ingredients well, about one minute. Spoon equal portions of mixture onto warm flour tortillas, garnish with cilantro, roll up to encase filling and serve.

Tips
5/7/15 - Used this filling in Stuffed Bell Peppers and it was wonderful!! Mixed with rice, cheddar - can't remember if anything else.

Source: From MasterCook - "National Pork Producers Council" http://www.nppc.org
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by cjs (We just had 'breakfa...)
Jean what kind of grill did you get? Tonight I'm grilling hamburgers if my allergies allow it. If not, then their gonna be fried burgers.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by DFen911 (Jean what kind of gr...)
Well, I decided to go for broke as this will probably be the last grill I'll ever buy!!!

My Dream Grill

I can even do my fried razor clams, etc. outside now and no mess in the kitchen!!! I love it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by cjs (Well, I decided to g...)
Your breakfast looks yummy. Love your new grill! I'm thinking that will have to be the next one we buy as well.

Jean, be sure to send out your new address to all your friends.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by Mare749 (Your breakfast looks...)
Your breakfast sounds great. And I LOVE your grill!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Your breakfast sound...)
Now THAT is grill Guys can you just see her doing a whole suckling pig on that bad boy
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/7/15?? by DFen911 (Now THAT is grill [i...)
www.achefsjourney.com