Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I bought a 'lemon' pork tenderloin yesterday - not sure what it's going to be, but since my spices and goodies are not unpacked yet, decided to try it. Asparagus and a salad, I think. Anxious to get back to regular cooking - more thinking going into the food.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
New recipe for us - from one of the grilling books - grilled salmon with an orange-honey vinaigrette. You are supposed to put a light crust on top panko and dijon but I'm having a hard time believing the crust will get "crusty" all on it's own with no broiler so might skip that part.

And asparagus on the side also with the vinaigrette.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by Trixxee (New recipe for us - ...)
Not sure yet. If the weather clears, burgers on the grill.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. If the...)
It seems like the salmon would be overcooked by the time the crust gets crusty.

Today it's another one of our favorite Cuisine recipes, Pineapple spiced chicken with asparagus.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by losblanos1 (It seems like the sa...)
I think you're right Blane. Looks pretty in the picture but am thinking in reality it would be another story.

Thanks for the input - you made my decision for me.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by Trixxee (I think you're right...)
Jane and I are going out for a steak. Just to bring all up to date, I'm going in for a stint in my left femoral artery tomorrow AM. This will be my third attempt. The first two failed because they could not get to the blockage from either of two directions. This time they are going in the back of the leg, below the knee. Wish me luck! Third time is a charm.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by Old Bay (Jane and I are going...)
Oh you know all our prayers are being sent to you for tomorrow's procedure, Bill!! Hugs to you and Jane both.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by cjs (Oh you know all our ...)
Prayers for you, Bill, that this time will be successful and that you will heal quickly.

After watching another craftsy video by Peter Reinhart on pizza making, I got a craving for pizza. I am still using Jean's pizza dough recipe because that is what works for me, but am trying PR's stretch and fold method instead of kneading. So far, it has worked quite well. Also using Jean's cooked sauce recipe from "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!! Haven't decided on the cheeses yet because I'm going to go buy some, probably a mix. And, some hot Italian sausage on at least one. We'll have a nice mixed green salad on the side.
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by Mare749 (Prayers for you, Bil...)
Piddle - now I want pizza!! I did finally get my flour 'home' so I might make some dough next couple of days..but, I still haven't checked out your new method....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/13/15?? by cjs (Piddle - now I want ...)
I got in a party mood, so Heather, James and the kiddies are coming over. Going to make Jean's Creole Seafood and Sausage Pizza, Jean's Garlicky-Chicken Flatbread, and a plain four cheese pizza for the kiddos.
Maryann