T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

I'm cooking out of the 'On the Road' book - with the l/o pork tenderloin. Asian Beef & Cabbage Wraps and to make it a little fusion-like dinner, will add the remains of my Crab Louie salad from yesterday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, I forgot to mention in yesterday's thread about the pork product. We have premarinaded pork here. And it is actually processed close by, although it is a national product, I think. The brand name is Smithfield. Could that be it?

We are having Taco Salad for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I forgot to me...)
Chinese almond chicken is on the menu today.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by losblanos1 (Chinese almond chick...)
I think I'm leaning towards chicken francese over a little angel hair, side of broccolini.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by Trixxee (I think I'm leaning ...)
I don't think it was a Smithfield product...number of years ago I thought their hams were too salty and I try to stay away from their products. Should give them a try again. How funny if it is that. I'll check at store. Sure was good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by cjs (I don't think it was...)
No cooking tonight for me. We are going to a fund raiser for a young man who has multiple myeloma and can no longer work. He has a young family, so it's especially hard for them financially. So, some friends put together a go fund me account for him and they are also putting on a fund raising dinner tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by Mare749 (No cooking tonight f...)
Oh that's great, Maryann!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by cjs (Oh that's great, Mar...)
What a GREAT cause, Maryann!

Jean, I'll be interested in what you discover, Jean!

Taco Salad is a great make ahead dinner to have ready to serve when everyone is ready to eat! YUM!

Jean, cookbook idea! Make Ahead Dinners with all your tips to hold certain cooked items as well! I'd buy that! You could market stay at home moms and retired cooks!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/15/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (What a GREAT cause, ...)
Have my cayenne, so my ribs are rubbed and tested the grill to see if I can keep one burner at 200 degrees and I can! Smoker not home yet. So, more testing tomorrow.

Good idea, Daphne- and there are a lot of those type ideas in the On the Road book.
www.achefsjourney.com