Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015
  Re: (...)
Piddle, just realized my birthday is not within the Memorial Day weekend!

Anyone have any plans? My annual birthday grilled T-Bone and fruit platter is on my menu - just have to have it a little early.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by cjs (Piddle, just realize...)
We're having friends at lake> I'm making fajitas since they're so easy to make for a crowd and people can customize them to their tastes. Not sure what else I'll serve.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by karyn (We're having friends...)
I just hope we are home. I'll worry about a menu just as soon as we get clearance to go home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (I just hope we are h...)
I hope that will be soon, Daphne. Make it easy on yourself this weekend.

We will probably have a cook-out on Saturday for my inlaws and my dad, then on Sunday morning we are leaving for Geneva-on-the-lake to spend the day with our girls and families, then staying overnight at the lodge at Geneva State Park. We will have two days of winery hopping and birthday partying before coming home Monday night. (This was a Mother's Day gift from my girls)

http://www.thelodgeatgeneva.com/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by Mare749 (I hope that will be ...)
Well hell, we'll probably still be unpacking boxes!!

That's o.k. All of your plans sound very good and Daphne, I hope you're home and can have a good holiday. I think I want to be Maryann this weekend.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by cjs (Well hell, we'll pro...)
Jean, I agree, I want to be Maryann this weekend, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I agree, I wan...)
Not much, studying for my final exam, getting the house ready for my folks who will be here June 3rd. Gonna smoke some ribs when they come up.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by DFen911 (Not much, studying f...)
Well, our boat was totalled this winter so even though we're moved from the farm and at the lake house, we'll probably be unpacking or hanging out on the deck... haven't gotten back into cooking just yet.

I've been to Lake Geneva, Maryann. It's so pretty, have a great time!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by foodfiend (Well, our boat was t...)
Only plans so far are the bbq'd flank steak recipe Denise recently posted on C @ H's Facebook page, getting Michael a hair cut, and going over to the RV to see our newly installed custom cabinet where the old TV used to be, new 32" flat screen mounted in the living room, and mount the new 23" flat screen in the bedroom. All the indoor counters, floors, etc need to be cleaned after sitting since last August.

In other words, housework on the second house.
  Re: Re: Memorial Day Plans????????????? 2015 by Trixxee (Only plans so far ar...)
And, we'll be working on 2nd house, also. The gravel guys did a great job yesterday making a new 'driveway/parking area' for the trailer. It will be coming home this weekend. The best part - no more backing in, we can just drive it around - in and out.

Oh, we do have one day's plan. Old friends are having a BBQ so we'll get together with some of them this Saturday for the first time since we've been back. Fun.
www.achefsjourney.com