O.T. Book Suggestion
  Re: (...)
If anyone has not read:
Hotel
By Arthur Hailey

From a #1 New York Times bestselling author comes a gripping drama about life at a grand New Orleans hotel! Colorful characters and exciting plot twists combine in this fast-paced novel with over 1,700 five-star ratings on Goodreads.

It's on sale for $1.99 http://www.amazon.com/Hotel-Arthur-Haile...bemailc-20

I loved this book and all of his. I may get it and read again, it's been a lot of years. Is he still alive??? Guess I'd better goggle.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by cjs (If anyone has not re...)
Enjoyed the movie with Rod Taylor.
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by Trixxee (Enjoyed the movie wi...)
I'll have to check this out!!! Thanks, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to check t...)
Didn't see the movie. huh
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by cjs (Didn't see the movie...)
1967 I believe. It comes on TCM every so often.
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by Trixxee (1967 I believe. It ...)
Airport is another really good Hailey book. I think I read everything he wrote years ago. I really enjoyed him, but haven't revisited him in a really long time. He passed away in 2004, so that might be why he's slipped off my radar, but I may re-read some of his books this summer. I really liked him back in the day!
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by karyn (Airport is another r...)
Me too, Karyn. So, he has died. That's too bad, what a creative author. I think I still have all his books....somewhere.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by cjs (Me too, Karyn. So, h...)
Thanks for the suggestion. I've always liked his books but never got around to this one. I'm finishing "A Touch of Stardust" by Kate Alcott (historical fiction told around the making of "Gone With the Wind"), and this is now next in my queue.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by foodfiend (Thanks for the sugge...)
Oh Vicci I'm glad you stopped in - I've been wanting to give a thank you to you, also!! So far we have been able to get 3 varietals of Apothic and have loved every one!! And, our Safeway carries it, so no searching. Thanks for mentioning it a few months ago - has become a family favorite.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: O.T. Book Suggestion by cjs (Oh Vicci I'm glad yo...)
Did you guys ever watch the series in the 80's with James Brolin?