Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Chicken wings and some veggies here - if I don't need to pick up pizza for the crew making an additional driveway/spot for parking the trailer. Then we can get it home with us!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Blane's biscuits and sausage gravy looked so good yesterday that I'm borrowing his idea and recipe. I might make Tony some scrambled eggs as well.

Will also have a fruit salad of strawberries, watermelon and canteloupe. Might buy some blackberries to add to it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by Trixxee (Blane's biscuits and...)
Not sure about dinner yet, but I'm thinking seriously about salads from Enzo's for lunch. Waiting for William to get back before deciding.

UPDATE: They took him down to insert a PICC line. They are hoping to send us home tomorrow. The PICC line is so I can give him his antibiotic intravenously at home. Home health care will come in once or twice a week to monitor and test for infection. The wound vac will likely go home with us as well. Either home health care will remove that Monday, or we may return to the clinic for the doctor to remove it Tuesday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Not sure about dinne...)
Good news and complicated news for you! Good luck.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by cjs (Good news and compli...)
Fingers crossed, Daphne! Hope William is doing okay.

I made a little stew, of sorts. Browned up some beef cubes, sauteed some baby bellas and a vidalia onion, made a little gravy and put it all in the crockpot to simmer for a while. Will probably make some mashed potatoes to have with it. We got a cold front this week so it works.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by Mare749 (Fingers crossed, Dap...)
Good luck Daphne.

I'm making bacon and egg pastries from issue #68 or Huevos Rancheros.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by cjs (Good news and compli...)
Sure is!!

Just to give you an idea about the food here, this is the main cafeteria menu for today.
Duke University Hospital Cafeteria
And the cafe in our part of the hospital
Pavillion Cafe
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sure is!![br][br]Jus...)
Wow, that's quite a menu, Daphne! I hope all goes well and you're home soon!!

Tonight we're having Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Sage Pesto Stuffed Pork Tenderloin. Hopefully it will taste as good as it sounds to me! We'll probably have green beans on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by karyn (Wow, that's quite a ...)
Wound up having Enzo's for dinner. He had the Spicy Citrus Salad. I had the Bella Italia pizza and a small Strawberry Fields Salad. (They have personal pan sized pizzas.) now don't anybody faint, but I have never had a salad with fruit in it. I have always wanted to try the one with strawberries, but getting a large salad and not like it seemed wasteful. So when I saw they sold all their salads as a side salad, I knew this was my chance!

I LOVED IT! Everything else was very good, too!

We have been told we are going home tomorrow!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wound up having Enzo...)
Now, that's a milestone for you Daphne. We love salads with fruits added. Especially good with a Honey/Lemon Mustard dressing.

Hospitals have really changed food-wise, finally. Our little hospital has a very nice kitchen also. Town folk are known to go there just for lunch! Good sign.
www.achefsjourney.com