Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Picked up pizza for the gravel guys yesterday, so didn't do the chicken wings. We'll have those today - can't remember where the recipe came from (and I forgot to make note ). Spicy Peanut Chicken wings. They are so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not 100% sure but possibly eggplant parm and a couple of grilled italian sausages - I can just pull the sauce from the freezer.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by Trixxee (Not 100% sure but po...)
I am going to run up to the store and buy something to throw on the grill. It looks like a nice day!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by luvnit (I am going to run up...)
I'm doing a little bit of cooking for my dad. He mentioned missing good Italian food, so I'm making a small lasagna to portion and freeze, and a pot of minestrone that will yield a couple of quarts, also for the freezer.

Have to go to the meat store, so will pick up something to grill tonight and we'll have a chopped salad to go with, along with some toasted ciabatta that I made from my online course at craftsy. Best bread ever.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by Mare749 (I'm doing a little b...)
You're awesome Maryann.

Today it's brunch for dinner, Benedict baskets w/ hollandaise and breakfast kebabs w/ apple-cinnamon BBQ sauce.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by losblanos1 (You're awesome Marya...)
Finally figured out what is for dinner! Bacon and Bleu Cheese burgers! Can't wait. Got some very fresh hard rolls at the bakery too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by luvnit (Finally figured out ...)
Again, every thing sounds good! The wings which I have made before were wonderful again. Plus the Roasted Red Bell pepper salad (I posted on another thread) was also wonderful.

Tomorrow with be a cleansing day - I decided to make 2 days a week with pasta-free, meat-free, just veggies (maybe fish), and really careful. Certainly won't hurt us 2 days a week. (I hope)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by losblanos1 (You're awesome Marya...)
Quote:

You're awesome Maryann.

Today it's brunch for dinner, Benedict baskets w/ hollandaise and breakfast kebabs w/ apple-cinnamon BBQ sauce.

Wow, thanks Blane! You are pretty awesome yourself!

Everyone's dinners sound so good tonight. Jean, that sounds like a great plan. It's suppose to be good for us to do that a few days a week. Please post some suggestions for meals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We were later than expected getting home from the hospital (That's a long and frustrating/agonizing story.) and the home health care nurse had to stop by to drop off William's antibiotic IVs. (Also frustrating/agonizing story.). With all that to deal with, I stopped at the store to pick up a Stouffers Lasagna and a bottle of wine. Best I could do! We are exhausted! But so glad to be home!

This IV at home thing every twelve hours is going to be taxing! But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 5/21/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (We were later than e...)
Good Lord, Daphne, you retirement could not have happened at a more convenient time!!! I'm so sorry to hear more hardships for this stage. Hang in there.
www.achefsjourney.com