T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having a Tuna Chickpea Salad and later, Bean & Cheese Nachos - both are W.W. recipes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Mama is taking the night off - so it's a frozen food night. A bag of chicken tempura and a bag of asian vegetables both from Trader Joe's.

Michael said he's fine with cereal.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15?? by Trixxee (Mama is taking the n...)
I'm making the pickle brined pork chops again. Yum!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15?? by losblanos1 (I'm making the pickl...)
Blane, you really have inspired me to try that recipe. Will have to be next week, but I will come on and post the results.

I made a salad and saved a piece of lasagna for Ron. Have to take Charlie to the beauty shop for his summer haircut and my sister-in-law is meeting me for a late lunch/early dinner. (We always get our doggies groomed at the same time so we can meet)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15?? by Mare749 (Blane, you really ha...)
Isn't that escapade where your s-I-l tripped and broke an ankle/foot????? For God's sake, take her arm!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We took off work today to go to Barnegat (Long Beach Island, NJ) to see a replica of the Nina and the Pinta that has harbored in the bay. Small ships!! Seriously! Small crew as well! Nine on the Pinta and seven on the Nina. You can see more here: https://www.facebook.com/ColumbusShips

We're having that Vietnamese Style Beef with Garlic and Lime tonight.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15?? by BarbaraS (We took off work tod...)
Oh I love that Noble Pig recipe, Barbara.

I changed my mind - craving a cheeseburger so we'll do that with tots. I have a couple of slices of bacon that needs using too.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/22/15?? by cjs (Isn't that escapade ...)
Quote:

Isn't that escapade where your s-I-l tripped and broke an ankle/foot????? For God's sake, take her arm!!

Yep, that's the one, Jean. It was her back though. She actually bumped her back all the way down about six steps. What a nightmare.

Barbara, we haven't been to Barnegat in quite a few years, but Ron and I loved it there. I miss going to the shore! We also got to see the Columbus ships a few years ago when they were here on Lake Erie. I thought the same thing at the time, not very big...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."