Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm playing with a recipe for Lamb chops - hope it works. Broccoli and rice, also.

Why did the size of my C@H screen all of a sudden get so darn small. I can barely see it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Grilled flank steak with whiskey-cola marinade, cilanto-lime sweet potatoes and that might be it.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...oes-109459
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by Trixxee (Grilled flank steak ...)
I'll probably run over to Chic-Fil-A in the Cancer Clinic close by.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll probably run ov...)
I'm making the Thai flank steak satays for lunch and CA is making the pepper brined chicken, both recipes are from the new issue.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by losblanos1 (I'm making the Thai ...)
Since Ron and I are going away tomorrow morning, we wanted to have a cookout with his parents and my dad. So, I have made my mother-in-law's recipe for macaroni salad, deviled eggs, and Ron is going to grill some corn. He will also be grilling/smoking some hamburgers and "good" hotdogs. Also made Jean's recipe for "Bud's Beans" and my sister-in-law is going to help her mom make a pineapple upside-down cake for dessert. (That's the one thing that my MIL is still able to make with some help)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by losblanos1 (I'm making the Thai ...)
Well, since the Food Court is closed on weekends and holidays, I will have to find a plan B. It will probably be a salad. I got the roast turkey breast and mashed potatoes with gravy with a side of collards. Most was really good, but I prefer my collards with just pepper and salt. They had the vinegar already in them. Not bad, but not my preference.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, since the Food...)
I'm butterflying a chicken (done) and will cook it over sliced potatoes. I scored some white corn from FLA and that will be my side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by BarbaraS (I'm butterflying a c...)
Hope your Florida corn was good, Barbara. We were pleasantly surprised with how tasty ours was. We had the bread and butter variety.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by Mare749 (Hope your Florida co...)
Here, in Florida, the Florida corn has been much better than I ever recall. It still doesn't beat Silver Queen, but what we've had lately has been delicious, sweet, tender and not mealy. Since the kernels were larger on the bread-and-butter variety I've seen in the supermarket, we've only been getting the regular, white corn and it's been some of the best Florida corn we've had in the 20+ years since we moved to Florida.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/23/15?? by labradors (Here, in Florida, th...)
The corn was really good. I hope the farmers here can recover from the unusually dry spring we've had. Can't wait for Jersey corn!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.