Meet the new member of our family... :)
  Re: (...)
Shadow was given to us by the new owners of the farm. He had been born of a feral, and then abandoned (all 4 of his siblings died). We lost Spooky 20 months ago, and I never felt like getting another pet, until now.

He is about 6 weeks old. Other than having a deformed eye (and most likely permanently blind in that eye), he has been examined and tested and vaccinated and deemed to be perfectly healthy. Not unusual for kittens who weren't weaned properly, he loves to bite and chew.

And he has been a great distraction to us. I never thought that leaving the farm would be so terribly difficult! Like tearing my heart out, surprisingly. But tomorrow we head from the lake house to our new home, and will start a new chapter.

[Image: IMG_2358%201024x768_zpsy63m0ho3.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2351%201024x682_zpsdawfzxn0.jpg]
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Meet the new member of our family... :) by foodfiend (Shadow was given to ...)
He looks perfect to me!
  Re: Re: Meet the new member of our family... :) by Trixxee (He looks perfect to ...)
Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww! What a cutey-pa-tootie!!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Meet the new member of our family... :) by BarbaraS (Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww...)
He does look so darn cute. We're going to have to see about a cat or two ourselves!!

It's funny that everyone seems to have one home in their lives that is the 'speial' one. Mine was the farm in Healdsburg, CA

Who else has a special one??

Good luck on this settling in, Vicci!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meet the new member of our family... :) by cjs (He does look so darn...)
I think the one that we live in now is special. Lots of good family memories here.

That had to be very hard to leave the farm for the last time, Vicci. I hope that you are both very happy in your new home. Shadow is adorable and very lucky to have you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Meet the new member of our family... :) by Mare749 (I think the one that...)
Super cute.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Meet the new member of our family... :) by labradors (Super cute....)
So adorable!! I'm so glad you've rescued him and are giving him a loving home. I wish you tons of joy in your new lake home. We're still trying to make that one work!!