Denise's Father-in-law
  Re: (...)
I hope Denise does not mind me sharing her very sad news that her father-in-law, Marvin, died yesterday. He was such a large part of their lives forever, but especially since they moved him to Oregon with them and he was living nearby. They never missed a day talking or seeing him and he could not have been loved more or cared for better than by his son and loving daughter-in-law.

Denise just posted this tribute to him for the Memorial Day celebration....

https://www.facebook.com/denise.fennell?fref=ts

We all share your sadness, Denise and Derek and know we love you both very much!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Denise's Father-in-law by cjs (I hope Denise does n...)
Denise, if you are reading this...please accept my deepest sympathy for you and Derek at this very sad time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by Mare749 (Denise, if you are r...)
My sincerest condolences.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by BarbaraS (My sincerest condole...)
So very sorry to hear this. It sounds like yesterday was his birthday well. Prayers and thoughts for both you and Derek, Denise.
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by Trixxee (So very sorry to hea...)
Very sad news, my condolences Denise and Derek.
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by losblanos1 (Very sad news, my co...)
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Derek, Denise, and family.
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by karyn (I'm so sorry to hear...)
Denise, please accept my most sincere condolences. You and Derek were a great source of love and comfort in his final days.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, please accep...)
I am so sorry, Denise. Hugs to both you and Derek in this difficult time.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by foodfiend (I am so sorry, Denis...)
Oh, so sorry Denise and Derek. It is always difficult to lose a loved one. No matter what the age or circumstance. He will be missed.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Denise's Father-in-law by luvnit (Oh, so sorry Denise ...)
Thank you all so much. Your kind words mean a great deal. It's been difficult day. Even knowing it was coming when he entered hospice a month ago it's not something you think of as real until it happens. He's left a large hole.

Hug your loved ones, tell them how much you love them. We were so fortunate to be with him on the day before. I took him a hamburger and vanilla shake, his favorite meal. Although he ate little of it. Derek played music for him and he spoke with his granddaughter on the phone. All the i's were dotted and t's crossed. He passed in his sleep that very night.