Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15
  Re: (...)
ANy plans made yet for the heroes in our lives??

I'm going to try to surprise Roy Richard with a small rototiller, but don't know if I have enough projects to keep him going without one until then.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by cjs (ANy plans made yet f...)
I think John would like a work day from the boys....he did a bunch of tree trimming this weekend....but I think I broke them on Mother's Day, so we may just have a nice family day on the lake with grilled steak for dinner.
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by karyn (I think John would l...)
While discussing our home set up with OT when William moved to rehab, he brought up the jacuzzi and the fact that we have not enjoyed it due to the insufficient hot water. The plumber recommended a seperate hot water heater for the tub when he installed it, but we were starting to cut costs at that time in the remodel. He left an access panel to add it later, since he knew we would eventually want to add one. This interview reminded him, so he has asked for a hot water heater for the tub for Mother's Day/Father's Day! YAY! For both of us!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by Gourmet_Mom (While discussing our...)
Perfect Daphne!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by cjs (Perfect Daphne!!...)
Not sure what we are going to do on the actual day - probably not much. That Friday we have a big family dinner to go to because my aunt and her 13 year old grandson are visiting (can you say summer traffic?). Saturday we have to drive down to Carlsbad for Tony's aunt's 90th birthday lunch (can you say summer traffic?), and on Monday we leave for a quick two night camping trip to the beach (should not be much traffic because it's close by).

We should see my dad on that Friday to give him his gift (of which I have no idea of what to get him - has everything).
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by Trixxee (Not sure what we are...)
Trixxee, we must be related! Not only do we have the same taste in recipes more often than not, but my little sister lives in C-bad!

Therefore, if you get any inspired ideas for the dad who has everything please let me know. I've got no ideas for my dad, either...sigh!
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by karyn (Trixxee, we must be ...)
I remember the days when we would complain when trying to figure out presents for my folks.....if they didn't have it, we couldn't afford it!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by cjs (I remember the days ...)
Jean, that is exactly as I remember it. The same is true for my mother. Her birthday is coming up, and I havent a clue! In recent years, I've at least tried to get the kids together, at least part of them, for a meal out with her. Sadly, she usually grabs the check. She figures time spent together is gift enough? "SIGH"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that is exactl...)
You know what, Daphne....I agree with her! It is such a treat to have a family together. We do the same thing.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Coming - 6/21/15 by karyn (Trixxee, we must be ...)
Quote:

Trixxee, we must be related! Not only do we have the same taste in recipes more often than not, but my little sister lives in C-bad!

Therefore, if you get any inspired ideas for the dad who has everything please let me know. I've got no ideas for my dad, either...sigh!

Well she sure couldn't live in a nicer place! We'll be going to the Claim Jumper right off the freeway there. LOL.

I will probably just give my dad a Visa gift card. Don't know if your dad is into personalized stuff but I gave my dad this coffee mug for Christmas with all 9 grandchildren's names on it. I tried to pick a face that matched each kid the best. It turned out really cute.

http://www.personalcreations.com/product...gpgroup=PGRANDF