Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15//
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

It's supposed to be another dreary day, so good choice for leftover dinner for us (no grilling ) Last time we had Taco Polacos, I used the l/os for a linguine dish with the beets and onions and some burger - so, I'm repeating it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
In my quest to not waste as much food, we are having grilled burgers tonight - to use up some buns, lettuce, tomatoes and onions that need to be eaten.

Tots on the side.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by Trixxee (In my quest to not w...)
Hamburgers sound delicious! I haven't had one in a while. Tonight we're having Blackberry-Jalapeno Glazed Pork Tenderloin. I'll serve it with some kind of grilled veggies.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by karyn (Hamburgers sound del...)
That tenderloin sure sounds good.

I was going to make pineapple spiced chicken today, but because of how dreary the weather is, I need comfort food. Boursin potato soup.

ETA: I don't feel like stopping at the store, so the chicken is back on the menu.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by karyn (Hamburgers sound del...)
We were going to have a New York strip but Peter went out to lunch today with our bank manager and he forgot that that was the plan . He had steak and calamari...

We will have breakfast for dinner...bacon, eggs of some persuasion and I'm still going to do the spinach salad recipe that I have been attempting to do for a week (before the spinach goes yucky).

Mini version of a hurricane here....YES!!!!! RAIN!!!!!!
Not great for the townships though---those poor people always suffer in winter. Confusedad:
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by Roxanne 21 (We were going to hav...)
Looking for inspiration here. Ron has to go to the dentist after work, so will be numb for a few hours after that. So, I have to make something easy to eat. I'm thinking maybe a frittata...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by Mare749 (Looking for inspirat...)
take pictures Maryann when the food starts drooling out of his mouth!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by cjs (take pictures Maryan...)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/3/15// by Mare749 ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Oh my gosh Jean! That is hilarious!

William wanted take out from a local BBQ joint. I got fried chicken and southern sides of mashed potatoes, fried okra, and butter beans. I have heard of people putting sugar in collard greens, but butter beans? REALLY? EEEEWWWW!

But their BBQ is really good! And I'm pretty sure the chicken was brined. Very succulent!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.