T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have pork thawing out, but not sure what I'll do with it - maybe a 'mock' brats & kraut Daphne was mentioning.....

I've got to get organized and do some meal planning - really don't like this day to day thinking thing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to make the grilled chicken kabobs and avocado sauce Karyn mentioned yesterday. I have some mexican rice and broccolini to make as sides.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
I hope you enjoy them, Trixxee! We're in for thunderstorms again tonight, so those grilled chicken kebabs will be bumped to tomorrow when there's virtually no chance of rain.

Tonight we'll have Jalapeno Sausage and pimento cheese sliders. I've got the sausages smoking right now. We had something similar at the Atlanta Food & Wine festival, so I'm hoping it's as good as I remember! I'll serve it with raw veggies to let us pretend to be healthy.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by karyn (I hope you enjoy the...)
Beer brats and onion rings tonight. Thanks secret Santa Old Bay.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by losblanos1 (Beer brats and onion...)
I think I'll try the Chipotle Chicken recipe, also, but I just happen to have some pork tenderloin on hand. So I'll use that instead of chicken.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I think I'll try the...)
Karyn,

That avocado sauce sounds good - care to share the recipe?

Tonight is pre-made calzone for Hubby and takeout from Wegs' Asian Bar - Eggplant in Garlic Sauce(heaven!!).

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by BarbaraS (Karyn,[br][br]That a...)
Hi Barbara! I linked the recipe yesterday, I think. Here's the link again. Enjoy!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by karyn (Hi Barbara! I linked...)
The sauce is delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Karyn! The chicken (pork in my case) was a major hit!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/12/15?? by karyn (Hi Barbara! I linked...)
Thank you karyn! So maybe next week I'll do that with a pork tenderloin like Daphne did. Thanks!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.