Favorite black Bean and Corn Recipe?
  Re: (...)
Sweet corn is just coming in, and Andrew picked up two dozen for me yesterday. When I was telling Ashley about the Catfish Tacos a minute ago, she suggested this as a side as opposed to a corn casserole or on the cob...I have fresh cilantro that needs using, anyway.

As a side note, William is not a big black bean fan, so I'm thinking of subbing black eyed peas, if that makes a difference?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Favorite black Bean and Corn Recipe? by Gourmet_Mom (Sweet corn is just c...)
Are you asking about a corn salsa/relish type of dish?
  Re: Re: Favorite black Bean and Corn Recipe? by Trixxee (Are you asking about...)
Uhhhhh, how the hell do I answer this one???????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite black Bean and Corn Recipe? by cjs (Uhhhhh, how the hell...)
Jean, I loaned your book to Ashley and I'm not sure she knows where it is at the moment. Otherwise, I wouldn't need to ask. But don't hurt yourself!

Trixxee, I'm serving it like a side salad with fish tacos tomorrow.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Favorite black Bean and Corn Recipe? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I loaned your ...)
I have not tried this myself but it looks awfully good. I think the flavors would be nice as a side to fish tacos because of the lime and cilantro. Don't see any reason you couldn't swap the the black eyed peas for black beans. Or I don't see any reason you couldn't replace the red pepper with tomatoes either if you like one of those ingredients more than the other.

http://www.onceuponachef.com/2010/08/bla...inaigrette.html
  Re: Re: Favorite black Bean and Corn Recipe? by Trixxee (I have not tried thi...)
I saw that one, but I'm liking the looks of this one better. But I think I'm going to grill the corn and the peppers before making the salad?

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-...mxt=t06dta
Daphne