Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone? Yesterday's were some really good sounding dishes!!

I'm making a sausage hash to serve with my leftover Corn polenta.

Some friends came by yesterday afternoon and we ended up going down the hill for Asian. I had the best seafood with Coconut Curry sauce. Huge servings, so have some nice leftovers....again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I had enough beef bones in my freezer to make stock. So did that last night and this morning made a pot of vegetable soup to portion and freeze.

Ron mentioned that he would like some grilled chicken tonight, so we'll put some on the grill. I'm in the mood for a spinach salad with bacon dressing to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by Mare749 (I had enough beef bo...)
Tony made a brisket, mexican style yesterday so today we have having machaca for dinner. Not sure if everyone knows what that is but it's basically a mexican scramble with the meat, peppers, onions, etc. Tony might turn his into a burrito, I'll skip the tortilla.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by Trixxee (Tony made a brisket,...)
I know it involves grilled artichokes...but that's as far as I got
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by DFen911 (I know it involves g...)
Today it's a recipe that Trixxee shared on FB. Strawberry Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with sausage of course.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by losblanos1 (Today it's a recipe ...)
Oh I hope they are good! I told my sister about them yesterday and she also wants to make them, with a side of sausage.

Me too. Maybe Thursday. I need to get some nice berries at the farmer's market tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by Trixxee (Oh I hope they are g...)
I had a container of clams in the freezer, so we'll have Linguine with Clam Sauce with crusty bread and a salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had a container of...)
I'm having a pizza craving, so we're doing it semi-thai-style with chicken and chili garlic sauce, caramelized onions, cilantro, and three cheeses.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by karyn (I'm having a pizza c...)
Oh Karen, you reminded me of a Thai pizza we made while we were with Sharon & Bob a couple years ago - it was so good!!!

This was from June 2013 and it is wonderful and I'm so ready to make it again!!!

[Image: Jun%2013%20Thai%20pizza%201%20C_zpspowliihs.jpg]
Can’t remember where this one came from- Found it!1 it’s a Tabasco website recipe
THAI CHICKEN PIZZA***** (note: found out it is from Tabasco – will use recipe w/permission)

Peanut butter, smooth 2 Tbs
TABASCO® brand SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce 1-1/2 Tbs
Hoisin sauce 1/2 cup
Soy sauce 1 Tbs
Fish sauce 3/4 tsp
Lime juice 1 Tbs
Fresh ginger, minced 1 tsp
Chicken breasts, thinly sliced 1/2 lb
Salt pinch
Black pepper pinch
Peanut oil 2 Tbs
Prepared pizza dough 12 oz
Cornmeal 2 Tbs
Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded 1 cup
Carrot, shredded 1/4 cup
Bean sprouts 1/4 cup
Peanuts, chopped 1-1/2 Tbs
Scallion, chopped 2 Tbs
Cilantro, chopped 2 Tbs

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.

2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, TABASCO® SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and fresh ginger.

3. Season sliced chicken with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan, sauté chicken in peanut oil until almost cooked through.

4. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14" circle, leaving a 1/2" raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread an even layer of peanut sauce on pizza dough. Next spread a layer of mozzarella cheese. Distribute chicken on top of cheese.

5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.

6. Remove pizza from oven and top with shredded carrots, bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.

7. Yield: 1 14" pizza, or 2-3 servings
----------------

I'm so glad you mentioned this one!!

P.S. We have a new member of our menagerie here - my deer in residence.....
[Image: Jun%2015%20Deer%20in%20Residence_zpsjouj1moa.jpg]

So far she is staying away from the garden................and, she looks like she might be pregnant. Stay tuned.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/15/15?? by cjs (Oh Karen, you remind...)
AAAWWWW!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.