T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

I have leftover couscous for lunch. Dinner will be Paella at a friend's house. I'm taking a loaf of 18 hour bread and an appie of a stuffed peppadews with goat cheese.

I'm so glad we're back in P.A.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Big family dinner tonight (party of 18) at a little mexican joint in Capistrano Beach that has been open since the '30's and my family has been going since 1973. My sister reserved the patio.

The occasion - my beloved Aunt Jackie is making her yearly visit and this time she's bringing my cousin's 13 year old son Jake. I guess that would make him my second cousin? What would he be in relation to Michael?

Anyway, haven't seen my brothers, nieces and nephews (especially that baby Jack) or my dad since Christmas so it'll be nice. My mom and sister's family will be there was well.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That is so nice to hear, Jean. Glad you landed back in the place that you love.

We are grilling salmon tonight finished with a teriyaki sauce. Also some steamed basmati rice and fresh broccoli on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by Mare749 (That is so nice to h...)
Have a great family reunion, Trixxee!!

Maryann, I can't tell you how glad we changed our minds about settling in Wenatchee....we can always visit over there!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by cjs (Have a great family ...)
Oh, that is wonderful, Jean!

Trixxee, have a great family reunion.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by Mare749 (Oh, that is wonderfu...)
Trixxee, enjoy your reunion!

Jean, I'm so glad you're happily back home.

Tonight's dinner is C@H's Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad with the Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. It's been a while since I made it and it is sooo delicious!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by karyn (Trixxee, enjoy your ...)
Yes indeed, welcome home Jean.

That sounds like a fun get together, have a great time Trixxee.

We love that pecan chicken. Today it's almond chicken with fried rice.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by losblanos1 (Yes indeed, welcome ...)
Jean, I'm so glad you decided to settle close to old friends. You guys are partying all the time!

Trixxee, have a great time. I figured out the cousin thing a few years ago...finally! Your first cousin's son is the same relation, just once removed (for the different generation). So first cousin, once removed. He is Michael's second cousin

We had a long day in Southport, including lunch at Loco Jo's. We couldn't decide between fried rice (super good, ask Maryann) and Grilled Grouper Tacos, so we got one of each and shared.

I had planned the steak and Jean's fresh polenta, but that was just too much heavy food. So I'm grilling chicken tenders, tossing with Frank's Hot Sauce, and serving over a big salad with Blue Cheese dressing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I'm so glad yo...)
Thanks everyone! Everything everyone is having sounds so good.

Well, this family dinner turned out to be great and weird. Great to see my aunt and meet my second cousin (who is convinced he'll be a pro hockey player and I learned his dad is a GS-15 - never knew that!) but some angry feelings between my sister and one brother popped up. (So glad I was not involved!)

I guess we can kiss that Thanksgiving dinner goodbye. LOL.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/19/15?? by Trixxee (Thanks everyone! Ev...)
Trixxee, enjoy that reunion!! My family was totally dysfunctional growing up - we were all so competitive with each other, and still are to a certain extent when we play cards. But after we all grew up and moved away, when there was a reunion, we found out how much fun it really was to be together and reminisce.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.