Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I brought some seafood paella home from last night's do, so will maybe make some seafood pasta......... wish I'd grabbed some of the 18 hour bread before it was gone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Fried chicken and corn fritters.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by BarbaraS (Fried chicken and co...)
Oh dear....day #2 of family stuff. This time it's Tony's aunt's 90th birthday. Let's see, how much fun is this going to be? Found out Grace is having some dementia issues and she insisted on preordering all of the food for everyone, won't allow alcohol and let's add on a two hour drive each way.

Yippee!!!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by Trixxee (Oh dear....day #2 of...)
Can you spell B-Y-O-B?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by Trixxee (Oh dear....day #2 of...)
oh families......(snicker, snicker, snicker)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by cjs (oh families......(sn...)
Poor Trixxee!

Tonight is supposed to be steak and the fresh corn polenta. William saw Pioneer Woman making Steak Oscar and requested that as his private Father's Day dinner tonight, so I may make my Alexander Sauce instead. We would need to get over to the city for the ingredients, so we shall see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Trixxee![br][br...)
LOL! I'm considering bringing a flask.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Trixxee![br][br...)
You have all the fun Trixxee.

CA is making the chicken bistro cakes that she didn't make last Saturday. Broccoli and scalloped potatoes on the side.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by losblanos1 (You have all the fun...)
So a compromise was made. I AM doing the Alexander Sauce. Filet mignon was priced outrageously, but strip steaks were on sale....still high, but reasonable. So dinner is going to be good!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/20/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (So a compromise was ...)
Dinner was great, but.....not the Coconut Curry sauce I am searching for, so the hunt continues. This one is a repeat, tho.

[Image: Jun%2020%20Thai%20P.Nut%20Gravy%20with%2...8nbtq6.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com