Classic tuiles
  Re: (...)
Anybody remember a recipe in CAH for Classic tulles?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Classic tuiles by Old Bay (Anybody remember a ...)
No, but I used to make them a lot...

And, mr. bill, you need to check out Daphne's updating William's progress. There are some questions for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by cjs (No, but I used to ma...)
Please do, Bill!

Regarding the recipe....I did a search using the library and the index, and I didn't find anything. Either it's in a special publication, or it was posted on the forum? I'll check the forum.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by Gourmet_Mom (Please do, Bill![br]...)
Issue #45 has a recipe for Key Lime Mousse in Graham Tuiles.
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by losblanos1 (Issue #45 has a reci...)
Thanks Dale! We could not find that issue at first, but have now. It is for the 4th.

Jean, sorry I did not get back to you and Daphne. Sister Delia is much better, as the surgery wears off . Weather wise it has been brutal. We had 16 inches over two days, we are safely on a hill, as you know. Austin flooded, but a blessing, all the lakes filled up, the drought is over (for now), all the family is safe. Dallas flooded too, but most of it and Plano were spared. In Texas we are afraid to say "rain, rain, go away", but we always end by saying "but come again another day". Thanks to everybody for your prayers.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by Old Bay (Thanks Dale! We cou...)
Im glad to hear good news about your sister, but how are you, Bill?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by cjs (No, but I used to ma...)
Okay, what are tuiles? Can anyone post a photo?

Barbara<~~~too tired to go sifting through the volumes...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by BarbaraS (Okay, what are tuile...)
O.k., this will be a description after a champagne brunch and wine tasting at Harbinger.....
Tuiles are made from ver thin batter (or grated cheese) which is spread very thin.y (so it looks almost lacy) and baked or cooked stovetop until light brown. Then they are quickly placed over a round surface to cool into a curved shape.

Cheese tuiles are used mainly for garnish with a salad and batter tuiles can be a 'cup' for deserts, etc.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by cjs (O.k., this will be a...)
Here's a very informative link about tuiles from FC.

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/class...okies.aspx
  Re: Re: Classic tuiles by losblanos1 (Here's a very inform...)
I have GOT to see about glasses! No wonder I didn't have any luck! I spelled it wrong!!!!

Well done, Blane and Jean!
Daphne