4th of July - 2015 Plans??
  Re: (...)
One holiday down another coming up!! Any plans for the 4th yet??

We've been invited to a BBQ, but don't have a clue what to bring yet. New summer ideas needed.

P.S. came back to add a link to a thread 'anon' was looking at. Forgot all about this one!!
Brie en Crote with Peaches and Bacon - Cis
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by cjs (One holiday down ano...)
We're helping a friend move her trailer since we never go anywhere during that holiday Jean another friend of mine buys those large seedless red grapes, covers them with goat cheese and rolls them in crushed toasted pistachios. They are YUMMY!
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by DFen911 (We're helping a frie...)
More than likely staying put. Definitely won't be heading out of town anywhere. Maybe catch a movie?
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by Trixxee (More than likely sta...)
Denise, I think Sharon & I did something like that a while back...it's ringing bells in my head.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by cjs (Denise, I think Shar...)
Our family reunion is on the 5th, and I'm looking for something to bring. Probably fruit since my Italian family has the sausages, pasta, etc. covered...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by foodfiend (Our family reunion i...)
We will probably go next door for burgers and dogs. I need to hunt for fresh ideas! If grapes are reasonable, I may spring for frozen grapes, at least. For real,sides, I'll have to ponder. Maw a rerun of a Rachel Ray show today with a shells, ricotta, and pea salad idea that sounded really good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by Gourmet_Mom (We will probably go ...)
Vicci, my favorite fruit to take to parties is with this dip. Never any left.
From 'a Chef's Journey...Home' -
-----

I never know where to put this recipe in a cookbook ~ it can be an appetizer, a fruit salad or a dessert. No matter where it is in a cookbook nor how full we all are, it seems we eat the entire platter of fruit with this dip.

Marshmallow Cream Cheese Dip

8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
7 oz. jar marshmallow crème
Assorted fruit: strawberries, pineapple, grapes, bananas, melons, whatever is in season

Combine softened cream cheese and the marshmallow crème; mix until well blended. Serve with the assorted fruits.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by cjs (Vicci, my favorite f...)
Jean, I made this dip years ago for a family thing and there wasn't much left...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by foodfiend (Jean, I made this di...)
Nope, there never is. Everyone likes that dip!

We are going to a 4th of July party with some longtime friends. Most people bring a dish or beverages and everyone pitches in on fireworks. It's always a good time and we get to catch up with people we haven't seen for a bit.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 4th of July - 2015 Plans?? by Mare749 (Nope, there never is...)
Just saw this and thought it was doable even by a pie challenged person like me. Looking at the pie, I accidentally found the chart below which some of you might find useful as well. Happy Fourth cooking!

Flag Pie

Pie Thickeners