avocado ranch salad dressing!
  Re: (...)
I really liked this, from a recent issue of Eating Well magazine. I subbed fresh parsley and chives for the dill, fresh garlic for powdered (???), and added a dose of ground chipotle pepper as well. Awesome on spinach and romaine salads, but would probably make a great veggie dip as well.

Here's the whole recipe, I didn't make the salad but did make a double recipe of the dressing, and it kept for four days in a bowl in the refrigerator, plastic wrap pressed onto the surface.

Spinach Salad with Avocado-Ranch Dressing

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/spinac...ssing.html

From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy spinach salad recipe uses one avocado two ways: half goes into a healthy creamy ranch dressing and the other half of the avocado gets chopped to top the spinach salad.

4 servings, about 1 3/4 cups each | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients

1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted, divided
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 5- to 6-ounce package baby spinach (about 8 cups)
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed

Preparation

Scoop 1 avocado half into a blender; add buttermilk, dill, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.

Cut the remaining avocado half into 1/2-inch chunks. Combine spinach, bell pepper and chickpeas in a large bowl. Add the dressing; toss to coat. Divide among 4 salad plates and top with the chopped avocado.

Nutrition

Per serving : 207 Calories; 9 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 5 g Mono; 1 mg Cholesterol; 27 g Carbohydrates; 7 g Protein; 8 g Fiber; 366 mg Sodium; 696 mg Potassium

1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: avocado ranch salad dressing! by foodfiend (I really liked this,...)
Love new salad dressing ideas!! Thanks Vicci for posting this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: avocado ranch salad dressing! by foodfiend (I really liked this,...)
Sounds good, Vicci. Thanks for posting. Does the dressing "hold up" for a second day without turning brown?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: avocado ranch salad dressing! by Mare749 (Sounds good, Vicci. ...)
Ashley is going to LOVE this! Thanks, Vicci!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: avocado ranch salad dressing! by Gourmet_Mom (Ashley is going to L...)
Yummy. I made a chicken salad sandwich once using a very similar dressing instead of your basic mayo and it was outstanding.
  Re: Re: avocado ranch salad dressing! by Trixxee (Yummy. I made a chi...)
Maryann, I pressed plastic wrap on the surface, refrigerated, and 2 days later it still looked good. I still have enough for another day (maybe a chicken salad like Trixxee mentioned...), so if it starts to discolor a bit on top tomorrow, I'll just stir it.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com