I screwed up my avatar..................
  Re: (...)
I deleted my avatar and then went back on and clicked on the below, but it didn't take me to choose a new one..........what the heck do I do now??

URL to your avatar (100x100 max pixels, may be smaller) (.gif, .jpg, .png accepted)

(remember - step by step instructions for me )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by cjs (I deleted my avatar ...)
4 people wanted to see how I screwed up, but no one to help????

I want to temporarily change the avatar is what I was trying to do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by cjs (4 people wanted to s...)
One of the reasons I do not change my avatar is because the few times I did, it got messed up and I ended up no avatar at all. Then, I would end up going through all the steps again, only to come up blank again. So, I'm not much help at all.

I haven't changed mine for so long that I would hate to mislead you, but I think I had to take Charlie's picture and up load it to photobucket, then reduce it to avatar size. Even after that, it wouldn't come up because it would keep saying that the picture was too large. When I would finally get it to change, it was like a fluke. No rhyme or reason to it at all. Soooo, this is why I don't change my avatar.

Hang on for Labs. He will probably be able to fix it for you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by Mare749 (One of the reasons I...)
I still don't have a profile picture, still don't know how to post pictures. Zero help.
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by Trixxee (I still don't have a...)
Piddle
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by cjs (Piddle...)
It's been so long since I added mine, I can't remember. I considered trying to change mine to rediscover the steps, but chances are, I'll loose mine and we will all be lost! LOL!

LABS!!!!!!!!

If he's not on by the time I can play tomorrow, I'll see what I can do.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by Trixxee (I still don't have a...)
Did you actually delete the image, itself, or just the link (URL) in your forum settings?

If it's only the link, you should be able to get the link back from PhotoBucket or wherever you had the image stored.

One trick that MAY be available to you is to go back to the forum setting, clear that URL box out completely, then double click box. If you happened to have entered the URL from the same device and browser you are currently using and if you haven't cleared out your form-fill history, then the browser may show you that URL from the history. As a matter of fact, a few years ago, I accidentally cleared out my avatar setting when I was changing my signature quote and this was exactly how I recovered it.

If you did delete the actual image from the hosting, then you'll have to upload your chosen image to a hosting site and use the link that the hosting site gives you. It's essentially the same as including a photo in a message post, except you are putting the link into the avatar setting.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by labradors (Did you actually del...)
Checked some forum posts in Google's cache and found that this is the link you had used for your avatar:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...LECHEF.jpg

[Image: LITTLECHEF.jpg]

You should be able to plug that right back into your forum avatar setting.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by labradors (Checked some forum p...)
Well, I wanted to change the avatar for a few weeks, but I think I better go back to my last one (if I can..)
Thanks everyone.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I screwed up my avatar.................. by cjs (Well, I wanted to ch...)
O.K., I'll keep this link for when I want to go back to my other avatar! Whew. Thanks Labs.
www.achefsjourney.com