Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15??
  Re: (...)
Wow, July already? Where the heck is this summer going??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making Butternut Squash Fettuccine that Maryann made a while back from issue #107 and a salad with Pine Nut Dressing from Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by cjs (Wow, July already? W...)
Today it's the hamburguesa torta from the new issue, with French fries.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by losblanos1 (Today it's the hambu...)
Easy night - leftover portugese sausage and bean soup with garlic bread.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by Trixxee (Easy night - leftove...)
Jean, is this the first time you've tried the dressing?

I'm not sure, we had planned to try a new restaurant for lunch while in the city for a doctor appointment. Dinner will depend on whether we make it in time for lunch.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, is this the fi...)
I show us still in June Let's not rush into July now hehe.

Going out for seafood this afternoon and the botanical gardens. Then back to grill some New York steaks. It's a blissful 62 degrees here, and at home it's suppose to be 98 today. I'm going to enjoy this weather for all it's worth!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by DFen911 (I show us still in J...)
It's a beautiful site, Denise!

I made it once before Daphne, it's included in the On the Road book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by cjs (It's a beautiful sit...)
I'm so jealous, Denise! At least we made it down to the lower 99's today.

Jean, I didn't realize it made it into the book!

We made it to the city in time to visit the Fork and Cork for lunch. We decided to try two of the appetizers and split a side Caesar salad. The Fonduta was delicious and spicy! William LOVED it! The Wellington Bites were so good! I could not decide which dip was better...the Horseradish Cream or the Cherry Port. I guess the chef couldn't either since both were on the plate! LOL! The Caesar was large for a side salad and pretty good, but our C@H recipe is better. The croutons were fresh and yummy...obviously house made not packaged. I can't wait to go back and try one of their burgers. William and I will be challenged to choose one we both like because we will only need to order one since having seen them in person...they are HUGE! Plus, I want to try the Duck Wings next time.

http://www.theforkncork.com

All that said, we decided to do fresh veggies for dinner: fried okra, boiled baby red potatoes, grilled squash and grilled fresh sausage with a side of fresh sliced Cherokee Purples! YUM! YUM!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm so jealous, Deni...)
"The Fonduta was delicious and spicy! William LOVED it!" William had Fonduta??? (Is that the same as "Fundido" (melted cheese)??????

His dr. will have a fit. Man, I do love that so, tho.

I added my salad review to the Butternut Sq. Fettuccine thread, Daphne - I think my salad kind of overpowered it. I don't know how I used it months ago, but probably your suggestion of spinach. Did not make notes! grrrrrr.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by cjs ("The Fonduta was del...)
Yes, it was a blend of Fontina, Gouda, and Blue cheeses served in a little cast iron skillet surrounded by toast points. I just realized, that the Wellington Bites are so new, they do not appear on the online menu. They are just as you would expect...little Beef Wellingtons. There were four little puffs that were large enough to make four "bites" each. The beef tenderloin was so tender, you could almost cut it with a fork.

Luckily, the doctor visit was a new patient visit to get him a new primary care doctor since his old one is retiring. The new guy was a little overwhelmed with William's history. And the nurse was overwhelmed with his list of current meds....I carry a list in my purse at all times these days! LOL! That got me an odd look until she looked at it. At least it all explained why I refused to fill out those two parts of the new patient forms. Dr. Friedman's nurse faxed a "brief" summary of his history...32 pages,,,but the doctor didn't get it for some reason. Just as well, he may have refused to accept us! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/30/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Yes, it was a blend ...)
Yeah, that's how I do that dish also.....William's going to have to be good for a while after that one!!
www.achefsjourney.com