T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm trying a lot of things this a.m. before it gets too hot in the kitchen, so don't know what all we'll be munching on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight is London Broil with baked potato and salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight is London Br...)
We are meeting some friends tonight at the driving range so the guys can hit a bucket of balls, then bar food at the restaurant that is on the premises. Very convenient because Joanne and I can sip cocktails and nibble on apps on the outdoor patio and watch the golfers. We have the perfect weather for it today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by Mare749 (We are meeting some ...)
We're having grilled, goat cheese stuffed, prosciutto-wrapped chicken breasts. I'll serve a salad and rice pilaf as sides.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by karyn (We're having grilled...)
It's going to be another hot one today.

I wasn't sure what to make for dinner, so I'll just copy Karyn. Grilled Feta and ham stuffed chicken breasts with a vinaigrette and grilled asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by losblanos1 (It's going to be ano...)
Our weather is finally getting back to normal. It's only 71 in the house right now versus 76 first thing in the morning for the last week.

Thinking about a "hoisin burger" recipe with a sriacha mayo I saw on Noble Pig but not totally sold yet.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by Trixxee (Our weather is final...)
Lobster roll, chips and coleslaw here. Easy for a Friday, and lobster prices, while still not as low as last summer, aren't bad. I'm getting a lot of meat from those hard shells. Still wanting a rib eye, maybe tomorrow.
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by pjcooks (Lobster roll, chips ...)
I'd take a good lobster roll over a rib eye any day, PJ!

William and I had a late lunch and what I planned for dinner is just too heavy. A friend brought by a HUGE cantaloupe that is calling me. She also brought peaches. And we still have lots of tomatoes. So it will be a veggie and fruit dinner tonight. Sounds good to me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'd take a good lobs...)
Daphne, did you see that recipe that Lorraine posted for me on Facebook? It's called a Baltimore Peach Cake and looks really good. I can't wait for local peaches to come in late August.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? by Mare749 (Daphne, did you see ...)
I saw it and it sure looks good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com