Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here - I may do another version of Maryann's review dinner.............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are finally doing July's review dinner. Sure hope it's not raining when we're trying to grill...

This morning, I made a half-sheet pan of "Gramma" pizza as Peter Reinhart calls it. Focaccia style with sauce and 3 cheeses, and best eaten cold. The kiddies love it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by Mare749 (We are finally doing...)
The plan is leftover ribs and I'll make a couple of ears of fresh corn. However this is subject to change - Tony is in San Diego again and if someone wants/needs him to go to dinner I'll just come up with something else for Michael and I and save the ribs for tomorrow. I know, lots of useless information. LOL.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by Trixxee (The plan is leftover...)
I bet I would, too, Maryann!

Not useless info - just great minds musing.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by cjs (I bet I would, too, ...)
Tonight it's Seared Scallops with Summer Veggie and Bacon Hash. John's getting some brown rice pilaf on the side, but I've got to lose this last five pounds!!!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by karyn (Tonight it's [url=ht...)
You mean babbling Jean!

Karyn - I like the looks and sound of that recipe. Very healthy. I've made scallops twice in the last month after a long hiatus because Tony thought he didn't like them - well, now we both love them. Bacon + Scallops = great idea!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by Trixxee (You mean babbling Je...)
Yes, it does look good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by cjs (I bet I would, too, ...)
Trixxee, it's not useless information, you personalize it and that makes it interesting.

I was going to make the Fattoush salad tonight, but because I was going to omit the cucumber and mint, it wouldn't be the same. That being said, and thank you Jean, I'm doing a variation of Maryann's B'day dinner also. Pork kebabs over pineapple rice w/ sweet-sour sauce and corn on the cob.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by cjs (Yes, it does look go...)
I actually cut the bacon in half, and there was plenty of bacon-y flavor anyway. I also only used 1/2 pound of scallops for the two of us (plenty), probably came close to doubling the squash and corn, and used red onion instead of garlic scapes. It really worked and is definitely a keeper!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/7/15?? by karyn (I actually cut the b...)
I can't believe how often I cut the amount of meat/seafood called for in recipes! Especially hamburger!

We're having the third variation of the ingredients for Maryann's dinner for a snack tonight!!! . 6" flour tortilla as a 'bun' for a sausage 'dog' topped with pineapple salsa
www.achefsjourney.com