T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

LEFTOVERS!! We had a repeat dinner at our favorite P.A. restaurant, SoHo Asian Bistro last night - even Roy had the same dish, so we had lots to bring home.

I was hungry for peanut sauce, so asked owner to make something using it and yum, the nicest bacon wrapped scallops with peanut sauce. Then a bowl of Seafood with Coconut Curry Sauce. Love that dish and he won't give me the recipe!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Thinking about this Noble Pig spaghetti dish. There are 2 italian sausages in the freezer so may grill those because Tony doesn't consider a dinner complete unless there is some kind of meat involved.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/basil-spaghe...-tomatoes/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by Trixxee (Thinking about this ...)
darn, those tomatoes look so good!!!!

Thank God, Roy is finally willing (and doesn't even complain anymore ) to enjoy meatless dinners every so often!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by cjs (Damn, those tomatoes...)
I hope my tomatoes taste as good as they look!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by Trixxee (I hope my tomatoes t...)
That really looks good. Bookmarked.

I'm thinking burgers, but we'll see. I've got a dentist appointment and I'll have a numb mouth.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by losblanos1 (That really looks go...)
Oh, I hope Carylann gets a picture of your drooling at the table.......................
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by cjs (Oh, I hope Carylann ...)
I do too! Forgot to do that when Ron went to the dentist a few weeks ago...

The Noble Pig recipe looks good, but I would have to add some meat to that. Ron can only do meatless once in a while, but he is getting better about it.

We are having a seafood alfredo dish that my friend Bernadette made up using a jar of alfredo sauce and a can of diced tomatoes to thin it out a bit. Very easy to warm up and all you have to do is saute some shrimp and scallops with a bit of garlic and olive oil then put it over pasta. On the side, we'll have some sauteed summer veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by Mare749 (I do too! Forgot to...)
I think I have the recipe for that dish from quite a while back, Maryann.

Oh my, our leftovers were so good - I roasted come cod and added to the l/o Coconut Curry Sauce. We ate all the seafood last night so I didn't have to ruin it by heating it up and the cod was such a nice addition. Love this dish!!
[Image: Jul%2010%20L.O.%20Coconut%20Curry%20sauc...rmh12r.jpg]

Looks like fish tacos with the other piece of cod tomorrow.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? by cjs (I think I have the r...)
That looks so good, Jean!!!!

The pasta dish with tomatoes, too, Trixxee!

We had steak night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.