Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

My order of Thai Ginger Flavor broth came yesterday, so doing a dish with it. Had to order 8 boxes, but I don't think I'll have any trouble using it up.

In my quest for replicating the Seafood Coconut Curry dish from a local joint - I found two offerings for it at Costco. One a container of sauce, which I tried last night with some cod. It was tasty, but not what I was looking for. The other is a complete dinner pkg. with chicken - we'll give that one a try probably tomorrow. Sigh, I may have to just be happy with having the dish at the Bistro.
[Image: Jul%2011%20Coconut%20Curry%20Mixes_zpskst6tud8.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Trader Joe's sells an Indian simmer sauce as well- have not tried it though.

Not entirely sure about dinner. I know we are stopping at the Italian market for some cold cuts (love their house baked ham) so maybe I'll make a chicken cordon bleu type of dish.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by Trixxee (Trader Joe's sells a...)
We are having grilled pizza night with the family when they get back from their campground. Five different cheese, 3 types of meat, 2 sauces, and lots of chopped veggies. Everyone gets to make their own.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by Mare749 (We are having grille...)
Everyone to Maryann's!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by cjs (Everyone to Maryann'...)
I wish I liked curry. I have tried so many different types in hopes of finding one I like and so far nada.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by DFen911 (I wish I liked curry...)
I wonder if the Asian grocery store down the street has that ginger broth. I'll have to take a look.

Denise, have you tried Madras curry?

Dinner is going to be House Special Chow Mein with pan fried noodles.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by cjs (Everyone to Maryann'...)
Quote:

Everyone to Maryann's!!!!!

Yes! We would love that!

I think that Sunday night will be pizza night for a while, at least as long as "BattleBots" is on. We will both save a piece to have while we watch.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh how fun that would be - homemade pizza AND watching BattleBots with you all!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by cjs (Oh how fun that woul...)
Wish we could add two more! Maryann, it sounds great! I can't wait for our crazy schedule to settle down! I miss cooking!

But tonight I cook! Dinner review is on the menu! Everything is prepped and ready to go! I can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/12/15?? by losblanos1 (I wonder if the Asia...)
Quote:

I wonder if the Asian grocery store down the street has that ginger broth. I'll have to take a look.

Blane - I've seen it at all 4 grocery chains here. Now I want to buy some - to make potsticker soup with!