Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not a clue here
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Heading out to Laguna/Newport Beach for a 5 night camping trip (and it's thundering and lightening - unheard of anymore here in the summer). We are planning on hamburgers but if it it really is raining we might get pizza delivered.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by Trixxee (Heading out to Lagun...)
Andrew took William and my Cobra to the Myrtle Beach Mustang Week final event. Since I'm not sure how long they will stay (William's stamina is still low.), I'm not sure about dinner. I thought about steak, but I have plenty of leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs. We shall see.

Have fun, Trixxee! I hope the weather clears up for you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Andrew took William ...)
Have a great time Trixxee. Daphne, what kind of Cobra do you have?

CA is grilling sockeye salmon with dill relish and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by losblanos1 (Have a great time Tr...)
It's a 2003, nicknamed "the Terminator". They only made this model for two years and it is instantly recognized by Mustang enthusiasts. Here she is. We just had a new motor put in it last year?

[Image: 2617f0a036a2d2bdc73d0d1ba1cbb711.jpg]
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (It's a 2003, nicknam...)
Very nice.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by losblanos1 (Very nice. [img]/ubb...)
Thanks! This is one of the things William misses. He loves taking it out on the four lane on a Saturday afternoon. Thanksgiving can't come fast enough for him.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks! This is one...)
I guess that's why you needed a new engine.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by losblanos1 (I guess that's why y...)
it is a neat lookin' car, Daphne.

Had this for dinner today ā€“ I guess generously I could give it a 6.5 for flavor, but no more than a 5 for the mealy chicken pieces included in the pkg.

Alas, again, the flavor was no where near what Iā€™m looking for, so the search continues.

The pkg. on the right is what we had ā€“ and there are 2 pouches in the pkg. so will have to have it again.
[Image: Jul%2011%20Coconut%20Curry%20Mixes_zpskst6tud8.jpg]

But, the garden salad rated at least a 10 - love that everything is growing so well.

[Image: Jul%2018%20Chix%20coconut%20curry%20sala...ual5rg.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/18/15?? by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Thanks, Jean. We enjoy it. It is a thriller ride!

Sorry about the curry.

We decided on steaks and creamy red potatoes. Since William came home early and hungry, he ate two huge tomato sandwiches. Our friend continues to deliver large batches of tomatoes.
So we are going to wait out an oncoming storm, allowing William to have a nap, and have a late dinner.
Daphne