Another Road Trip
  Re: (...)
Back to S.C. Jane's sister Delia is better. After going a week without cursing, she asked for something and was told they were out, her response: "Well poop"! Remember she never said a curse word before her brain surgery. BIL George not so well. He has been in ICU about two weeks, may get out next week. The family is not happy with the nursing home so we are going out to help re locate them. Not a fun trip.

We are finally cooking something for fun (and to save two fennel bulbs before we leave). We are doing an orange braised chicken with white wine and fennel from Cuisine for two, page 13. Paired with an Apple , Fennel salad from a Bon Apetit. Will report.

We are leaving next week for about a week. Love to all. Bill & Jane.
PS: my condition continues to improve slowly.. Also our neighbors 37 year old son dropped dead just two weeks ago. Our cooking has been the feed the masses sort. Busy, but not for fun.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Another Road Trip by Old Bay (Back to S.C. Jane's...)
Sorry to hear about Jane's family decline. I hope things improve. Luckily for me, I didn't experience a similar side effect with William's brain surgery. Don't think the world could tolerate his language getting worse.

Odd that you had a similar experience with the neighbor. We had a close friend loose their son three weeks ago today. His wife found him dead in his bed. Close to the same age, too. Very sad.

I wish safe travels for you guys! And prayers that you can successfully relocate Jane's family to everyone's satisfaction. And take care of yourself. I'm glad you are improving, but remember your limitations. I'm sure Jane is steadfast in keeping a close eye on you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Another Road Trip by Old Bay (Back to S.C. Jane's...)
Oh, for heaven's sake!! Can't it ever be boring around here?

I'm so sorry you & Jane have all this dropped in your lap. (On top of seeing how your daughter is going out in public - sorry, just dropping a little levity in here.)

Take care
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another Road Trip by cjs (Oh, for heaven's sak...)
Glad to hear your own health is improving, Bill. Safe travels.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Another Road Trip by Mare749 (Glad to hear your ow...)
We just got word. George died last night in his sleep. He had improved enough that they were going to put he and Delia in the same room today. RIP George. We are headed back to SC mid week. Thank God he is at peace. Bill & Jane
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Another Road Trip by Old Bay (We just got word. Ge...)
Oh Bill & Jane - have a safe trip. So sorry about your loss, but he is in a better place now. Take care.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another Road Trip by Old Bay (We just got word. Ge...)
Condolences to your family, Bill. I'm sorry this will be such a sad trip. Stay well and safe travels.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Another Road Trip by Mare749 (Condolences to your ...)
Sorry to hear this, Bill. Shall be praying for you all.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Another Road Trip by labradors (Sorry to hear this, ...)
I'm saddened to hear this, Bill and Jane. Your family and Jane's are in my prayers. I hope you have a safe trip.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Another Road Trip by Gourmet_Mom (I'm saddened to hear...)
Bill I wish words could help. My heart is heavy for you and Jane and your family. You are all in my thoughts. **hugs**