Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

My mind is just mush right now re food - freezer's full, but just no incentive. Better get my butt in gear and do some planning. So far, no idea.

-----------
Well made it back before anyone else came on -
Think I'll grill sausages, bells, onions and make some kind of a B.B. & Corn side dish - the weather is absolutely wonderful around here!!

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not a cloud in the sky and it's going to be near 90, grilling here also, beef filets with baked potato and grilled asparagus. For lunch I'm making the Bonefish Grill Bang Bang shrimp. Thank you for the recipe Maryann.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by losblanos1 (Not a cloud in the s...)
Hope you like the shrimp recipe, Blane.

Have not decided what we are having just yet. Going out to see the in-laws and need to take something. Thinking about stuffed peppers and a loaf of fresh bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by Mare749 (Hope you like the sh...)
Shoot, Jean!!!! Now I wish I had a big ol' pack of Italian sausages!

We wound up having leftover spaghetti and meatballs last night, so the steaks are on for tonight. I'm hoping for an afternoon breeze so we can sit out on the deck.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Shoot, Jean!!!! No...)
I'm grilling enough so I can make a pizza w/leftovers tomorrow or Tuesday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by cjs (I'm grilling enough...)
That's a low blow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's a low blow! [...)
Yesterday I marinated chicken breasts, thawed sausages and tuna steak, and parboiled potatoes yesterday hoping to get some stuff made for the next couple of days, and try to refine my grilling technique as well (still trying to get the hang of this charcoal-with-gas-ignition grill at the new house, and have been putting it off all summer...). Unfortunately, as I filled the charcoal chamber, a popup storm arrived so I ended up using the kitchen grill for the tuna and refrigerating everything else. Today, I'm going to try that grill again! And maybe make some dough for a grilled pizza, too. Unfortunately at last check the temp outside was 96 and the heat index 104...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by foodfiend (Yesterday I marinate...)
Maryann it is so delicious! Wow! Thank you again.

[Image: 2_zpsxm91vhal.jpg]
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by losblanos1 (Maryann it is so del...)
Wow, what a gorgeous photo, Blane! Maybe what I need to do is toss the shrimp with a little LESS sauce next time and it would be perfect. So happy that you liked it. Really great with a cold beer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/19/15?? by Mare749 (Wow, what a gorgeous...)
Another day when everything sounds wonderful!!

Today's dinner was just the perfect summer BBQ!!All the veggies came out perfectly and the B.B. & Corn Fiesta salad (from guess where ) made a great side dish with it all. Riunite Lambrusco matched so well and with the low alcohol, perfect for a warm afternoon.

[Image: Jul%2019%20B.B%20Fiesta%20Salad_zpspfw9k1xx.jpg]

[Image: Jul%2019%20Grilled%20peppers%20onion%20s...5xfrcn.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com